Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
(Help) Two questions about Nook 1st edition.

Hello.

I need that you help me in two questions.

I have a rooted nook 1st edition, the two questions are:

1: How can I know what firmware get?

2: How can I unroot it?

Thanks for your attention, best regards
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I finally discovered that I have version 1.5.

If I upgrade to 1.7 I loose root?

Is it worth upgrading to 1.7?

Regards
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I am almost positive that upgrading to a new version of the OS will unroot it. I mean, people spend much effort AVOIDING upgrades to avoid losing their roots. So, if you want to unroot it, I think doing the upgrade would give you a perfect way to do it and get the latest version at the same time. So sure, it's worth it (especailly if you want to unroot it anyway).
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
ersott
Evangelist

Thanks for your answer ;-)

Do you know the features that are better in 1.7 than 1.5?
Old 09-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I forget, but you can read about it here:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Soft...tion/379003193

Edit: Having read it myself, it doesn't appear to be a very significant upgrade ("minor system update"). Trying to remember back then, they did improve the page turning speed, but that might have been in 1.5.

Last edited by RAH; 09-14-2012 at 10:51 AM.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
ersott
Evangelist

Thanks RAH ;-)

I think, that I must stay at 1.5 with root