Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 02:58 AM   #46
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
We'll just have to do something in the next version to make you want to upgrade.
Implement my issue #715 That would really save me a lot of time having the regex used again and again and again in a kind of library (of course all options have to stored as well, not only search and replace field.

Currently i have all of them in a regex.xhtml which i'm loading into the epub starting to work and the do a lot of copy&paste
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #47
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sigil x86_64 for Linux on Ubuntu 10.10:

Once you get the various panes adjusted to the widths you like with the F&R dialog open....
Clicking the "Find" button expands the CV/BV pane (I'm assuming it's to the default F&R dialog width) at the expense of the Book Browser pane. Every single time. You can resize the Book Browser pane slightly, after that... but not until you close F&R and reopen it can you fully resize it the way you want it; then it's lather, rinse, repeat as soon as you click "Find" again.

I wiped all old instances (and their configs) before installing 0.5.3.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #48
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by huebi View Post
Implement my issue #715 That would really save me a lot of time having the regex used again and again and again in a kind of library (of course all options have to stored as well, not only search and replace field.

Currently i have all of them in a regex.xhtml which i'm loading into the epub starting to work and the do a lot of copy&paste
I have mine posted to a website and do a lot of copying from there too, the big problem with that is that sometimes I copy the wrong replace statement to my search statement, and THAT will really take a lot of time to repair...

Can we vote for what issue will be next?
So far we have 2 votes for #715 and none for all the others
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #49
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Thx for sharing your regex lib. And this

Quote:
Updates:
Owner: meme90...@gmail.com
Labels: Milestone-0.6.0
is looking good
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #50
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post

Once you get the various panes adjusted to the widths you like with the F&R dialog open....
Clicking the "Find" button expands the CV/BV pane (I'm assuming it's to the default F&R dialog width) at the expense of the Book Browser pane. Every single time. You can resize the Book Browser pane slightly, after that... but not until you close F&R and reopen it can you fully resize it the way you want it; then it's lather, rinse, repeat as soon as you click "Find" again.

Could you post some before/after screenshots. I see its an issue, and I think it has to do with the space allocated for the status messages - there has to be enough room for any status message or it will resize.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #51
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by huebi View Post

Try AceText from Just Great Software.
http://www.just-great-software.com/
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #52
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post

The issue is the size of the F&R widget being modified by message text. When message text is displayed it needs some space to fit. The widget will be resized to accommodate the text at the expense of the dock areas.

I originally had the text displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the screen instead of in the F&R widget but people hated that idea. So smaller window's get resized so the text can be in the widget. The widget does need a bit of work to account for little issues like this.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #53
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The issue is the size of the F&R widget being modified by message text. When message text is displayed it needs some space to fit. The widget will be resized to accommodate the text at the expense of the dock areas.

I originally had the text displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the screen instead of in the F&R widget but people hated that idea. So smaller window's get resized so the text can be in the widget. The widget does need a bit of work to account for little issues like this.
It's not that big of a deal, but it seems as if the Book Browser dock area bears the brunt of the resize, while the TOC dock area stays the same. I should be able to stack the Book Browser and the TOC dock areas to get by, though. I've got options.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #54
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Try AceText from Just Great Software.
http://www.just-great-software.com/
Nice plug. But there are better freeware clipboard managers, for example Ditto.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #55
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Nice plug. But there are better freeware clipboard managers, for example Ditto.
NICE PLUG
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #56
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post

This is indeed the case. The combo boxes on the very bottom row of the F&R widget just seem to take up much more room on Linux (Gnome) than they do on Windows. There's just absolutely no room for a message when I size the Book Browser and ToC dock areas the way I want them at 1024x768.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #57
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Using Windows 7 X64 and Sigil v5.3, I have had several crashes. Each time was while doing a "find next" in "all html". In "normal" or "regex" mode didn't seem to matter.

I was doing a find on ""Chapter " to change the chapter number from upper case to lower. Each time, after re-starting Sigil, I completed the same series of "finds" (and changes) without a problem.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #58
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Using Windows 7 X64 and Sigil v5.3, I have had several crashes. Each time was while doing a "find next" in "all html". In "normal" or "regex" mode didn't seem to matter.

I was doing a find on ""Chapter " to change the chapter number from upper case to lower. Each time, after re-starting Sigil, I completed the same series of "finds" (and changes) without a problem.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards - John
Where are you starting the search from? There is a known bug that windows may crash if you start a search when you are not on an HTML page.

Are you searching from code view or book view? Of course all searching for All HTML is done in code view but the start may matter.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #59
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Where are you starting the search from? There is a known bug that windows may crash if you start a search when you are not on an HTML page.

Are you searching from code view or book view? Of course all searching for All HTML is done in code view but the start may matter.
All searches were in CV and started with the cursor in an HTML file. This last case was started in "Chapter ONE" and crashed at "Chapter SEVEN".

I think that the crash occurs when crossing a file boundary, but I can't be sure.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:54 AM   #60
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
I'm trying to replace a value with " " (searching within "current file"). The replace value of " " seems to be triggering a crash. I've tried different search options, but to no avail.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote