Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Bean Bag Book Seat

Someone told me about a little beanbag for holding books. Ive tried searching google but aithout success. Has anyone seen these?
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Hmm, I vaguely remember seeing little beanbag chairs for various electronics. Do you mean something like this http://www.etsy.com/listing/52286284...rder=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title&filter[0]=handmade ? I also just found this http://cubiclebot.com/mobile-devices...for-your-ipad/ which would probably work for an ereader. Are you after something to set it on for charging or to have somewhere easy to put it, or something to prop it up while you read?
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes the phone is the right thing. Too small of course. She assured me you could use it to read in bed lying down and it would hold it at an angle.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #4
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
Yes the phone is the right thing. Too small of course. She assured me you could use it to read in bed lying down and it would hold it at an angle.
Well, many etsy sellers are willing to do custom jobs, you could try contacting the person with the cell phone beanbags to ask if she could do a bigger one. There's even some kind of feature to make a request to the general community and get bids from different sellers, so you might be able to get one that way. The, erm, "Lap Log" actually looks like it would do the trick for reading lying down, though the wooden stand might be a bit high (they mention Kindles, but those have the keyboards creating screen clearance). I bet it wouldn't be too hard to make one that fit a Sony better...
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:16 AM   #5
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I have a book pillow which I use for paperbooks and my ebooks, very nice quality and has lasted years, very snuggly and comfy.
http://www.bookpillow.co.uk/home.htm

there is also a Peeramid which looks similar, never tried this one but it helps to have a choice
http://www.lazyboneuk.com/products/P...-Bookrest.html

hope these help?
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 AM   #6
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
A while back I got a Book Seat and I love it. On the back is a pocket and I put a Mighty Bright Duet 2 in it for lighting and it's a great combination.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #7
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I have The Book Seat too and it works well with my Sony 650. There is a plastic bar that holds the reader on so if you (or your cat) accidently bump it the reader won't fall off. I've seen lots of them in Sydney. Lots of colours too. I managed to get a purple one but they come in different shades of brown.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #8
Merbear
Enthusiast
Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PRS-600 & Kobo & PRS-650, iTouch and iPad2
I like to sit and knit or hand-sew in the evening. I use a lap-board to hold odds n ends that I need for both and also a wooden picture tri-pod holder for my PRS650. Then while knitting, at the end of a page I just use my needle to flick the screen for the next page. I believe I got the tripod at the dollar store.
Now all I have to do is convince the cat not to jump up on my lap and disturb everything.
Merbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:20 AM   #9
Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil doesn't litterTom Bombadil doesn't litter

Device: EeePC, nook 3G, kobo1, DSi, DS Lite, Sony PRS-350.

Slight caveat: It will hold as long as it's leaning back like so, but it'll slide out if the reader leans forward.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:58 AM   #10
Halk
Fanatic

It was the book seat that I'd been told about. I've no idea why they picked "thebookseat" rather than "bookseat" as their domain, but at least I've found them now!

Looking at the two UK options listed, the book pillow and the peeramid, neither really seem to be what I'm looking for, while the book seat is.

I managed to find one for sale on eBay - seems someone is running a home business selling them. Strangely enough they're only 5 miles away. So I have a dark brown one on it's way to me now.

Thanks for the helpo folks, I'll report back on how I find it to be.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:49 AM   #11
Halk
Fanatic

Well, it arrived on Wednesday. Initially I thought it wasn't going to work very well, but now that I've used it I'm really happy.

You're right that if you move it the reader slides out easily. If it tilts back at all it comes out. However it won't do that if you're only moving it a few inches. There's even a pocket at the back where I can stick my light, and it'd take spare batteries too.

All in all I'm quite happy - just a shame they aren't cheap, mine cost £25.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #12
jordanj
jordanj began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've finally found a company that will ship the Book Seat internationally! www.thegallerie.com.au/content/BOOK-SEAT

Check it out!
jordanj is offline   Reply With Quote