Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Can't install Calibre2Odps

Hmm.....I'm trying to download this and install it. Windows 8 here, and when running the .exe file, it just unzips to a folder, and doesn't install anything.

When looking in there thinking that I could do a manual install following the directions, I see that there isn't even an install.sh to start me off.

Also ran install as administrator and tried multiple versions

Any help would be great.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I do not have a Windows 8 system to test on. However have you tried the manual install as documented at http://calibre2opds.com/read-the-doc...ANUAL_WINDOWS? Note that if you do this you will also want the fixed rungui.cmd file available from the download page at http://code.google.com/p/calibre2opds/downloads/list.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did that and no it does not work at all.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
I'm running Windows 8 Pro x64. The installer does not work for me also but the manual install does. I'm using the 32bit Java so it should work but it doesn't.

- Obvious question but do you have Java installed?
- Are you using the no install zip download or the .exe installer?
- Are you using the fixed rungui.cmd?

Last edited by edbro; 12-09-2012 at 05:35 PM.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I'm running Windows 8 Pro x64. The installer does not work for me also but the manual install does. I'm using the 32bit Java so it should work but it doesn't.

- Obvious question but do you have Java installed?
- Are you using the no install zip download or the .exe installer?
- Are you using the fixed rungui.cmd?
Obvious question answer:

No, I didn't have Java installed.... and again for good measure
Old 12-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Obvious question answer:

No, I didn't have Java installed.... and again for good measure
It is often the obvious that trips one up

Please report back if you now get it working. I would like some feedback as to whether there are any Windows 8 issues as if there appear to be I might have to get myself a copy of Windows 8 just so that I can install it into a VM for testing purposes.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard

No issues so far, works great!