Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
wraylewis
Enthusiast
wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad and Kindle
Need help with Sigil validation error

I've created my first epub using Sigil, and it works just fine in iBooks on my iPad.

However, when I use the Sigil validation check, it gives me two errors clearly related to a section of the book I removed:

OEBPS/Text/anotherday.xhtml NA This OPS document is reachable but not present in the OPF <spine>. "Reachable" means that a reference of some kind that points to this resource exists in the epub.

and

OEBPS/Text/anotherday.xhtml NA This resource is reachable but not present in the OPF <manifest>. "Reachable" means that a reference of some kind that points to this resource exists in the epub.

The NA means there is no line number to search for.

How can I find these references to a file no longer in the epub and remove them?

Thanks for any help you can give.

wraylewis

Promotional link deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-21-2011 at 10:32 AM.
wraylewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraylewis View Post
I've created my first epub using Sigil, and it works just fine in iBooks on my iPad.

However, when I use the Sigil validation check, it gives me two errors clearly related to a section of the book I removed:

OEBPS/Text/anotherday.xhtml NA This OPS document is reachable but not present in the OPF <spine>. "Reachable" means that a reference of some kind that points to this resource exists in the epub.

and

OEBPS/Text/anotherday.xhtml NA This resource is reachable but not present in the OPF <manifest>. "Reachable" means that a reference of some kind that points to this resource exists in the epub.

The NA means there is no line number to search for.

How can I find these references to a file no longer in the epub and remove them?

Thanks for any help you can give.

wraylewis

http://makeartwordsmusic.com
There is a linkage somewhere ON one of the pages. The message indicates the destination is not part of your book.
search all (in code view)fore the name part: anotherday.xhtml
in Sigil CV: OEBPS is the
Code:
 ../
part of the path (searching for dots need to be escaped in Regex)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You'll probably just have to manually check each anchor reference (<a>) to make sure that its href attribute is pointing to a file that exists in the epub.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
wraylewis
Enthusiast
wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure I follow the ducks completely.

I did do a "find" in Sigil looking for the text "another day" and "another day.xhtml". I told it to "find" in all html documents.

Both times the search came up empty.

Do I need to search for the entire line, beginning with OEBPS? Or do I need the ../ before the search term?
If so, how do I set it up?
../ [what?]
Old 12-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I did do a "find" in Sigil looking for the text "another day" and "another day.xhtml". I told it to "find" in all html documents.
Why would you put a space between "another" and "day" when there was no space in the validation error?

You need to look for anotherday.xhtml

(if you're using the latest beta version of Sigil... make sure you're starting in Code View as well as selecting "All HTML Files")

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-21-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
wraylewis
Enthusiast

I did not put a space in there when I searched.
Just tried anotherday and anotherday.xhtml and it didn't work.

BTW, when I typed anotherday above and hit space, the forum editor "helped" me by automatically separating another from day.
Like so: another day
I just typed it as one word, and the editor made it two when I hit space.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

It could be that anotherday.xhtml is just the file where the orphaned link occurs. Like I said before, you might just have to find each anchor (<a href="../blahblah"...>) in the code of that file and verify that the target file indeed does exist.

Search for "<a" in the anotherday.xhtml file in Code View and make sure that the file each one points to does exist in the epub's file list.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-21-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #8
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
@wraylewis

Since you said that you removed an html file you can look in "content.opf" (bottom of the book browser). Look for something like this:

<item href="/Text/anotherday.xhtml" id="..... />

Sometimes removing it will cure the problem.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
wraylewis
Enthusiast

That did the trick!!!!!

Thanks so much.