Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #661
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
The latest official is 2.06, the latest beta is 2.1

You can keep yourself informed in this wunderful thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119973

or directly on the Pocketbook sites (like e.g. www.pocketbook.de)
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #662
Almiel
regrets buying PocketBook
Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CoolReader (Android), Pocketbook 360 Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn
Reguarding the PB360,

Is the most current firmware still the 15.3 beta?

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
as far as I know, yes (I think there are two of them, one dated 29 October and one dated 8 December, the two files are called swupdate_08Dec2010_360_wg_15_3.zip and swupdate_29Oct2010_360_wg_15_3.zip. There is also a swupdate_08Dec2010_360_de_15_3.zip version.
This is pathetic. I will never buy another device from this company. Did they drop us like smelly poop for their new devices? Then why buy another from them that will eventually be dropped by the wayside? Lesson learned (the hard way).
Almiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #663
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by britt-lee View Post
[img]Spam-link removed[/img]

In electronic systems and computing, firmware is a term often used to denote the fixed, usually rather small, programs and/or data structures that internally control various electronic devices. Typical examples of devices containing firmware range from end-user products such as remote controls or calculators, through computer parts and devices like hard disks, keyboards, TFT screens or memory cards, all the way to scientific instrumentation and industrial robotics. Also more complex consumer devices, such as mobile phones, digital cameras, synthesizers, etc., contain firmware to enable the device's basic operation as well as implementing higher-level functions.
This is an interesting, absolutely correct and utterly useless piece of information

What do you intend to say with this

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 11-20-2011 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Remove spam link from quoted post.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #664
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
This is an interesting, absolutely correct and utterly useless piece of information

What do you intend to say with this
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #665
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almiel View Post
This is pathetic. I will never buy another device from this company. Did they drop us like smelly poop for their new devices? Then why buy another from them that will eventually be dropped by the wayside? Lesson learned (the hard way).
Unfortunately, not only you
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #666
Hedaya
Connoisseur
Hedaya began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 612
I'm not sure I'm comfortable upgrading firmware, or with the directions. It says:

1. Download the Firmware to your PC
2. Unpack the content of the archive and copy it to the root folder of MicroSD-Card (recommended) or internal Device storage

This is the part I'm confused on. I put in a MicroSD-Card (does the name matter? Mine is labeled summer reads). Then do I just paste it directly into this folder? Or is the root folder a subfolder on the card? If so, I don't see one......

3. Switch off PocketBook Pro by pressing button On/Off
4. Switch on PocketBook Pro by pressing On/Off
5. During boot press and hold both Backward and Forward buttons simultaneously until the message
Firmware update… is displayed on the screen
6. Follow the on-screen instructions
7. Wait for the message on the screen: Please connect power cable, and then connect USB cable to
PocketBook Pro
Wait until you Press central Key… on the screen and press OK button
Hedaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:38 AM   #667
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
The root folder is the topmost one, the one you see when you click a drive, the one all folders and subfolder on that drive are inside.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:31 AM   #668
Hedaya
Connoisseur
Hedaya began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 612
Awesome, thanx! Also, if anyone else is struggling, it turns out (if anyone else stumbles across this thread), if you go through all that and nothing happens when you reboot, reformatting (by right clicking and selecting "format" for those who haven't ever done that). Random stab on my part, but that made the difference.
Hedaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #669
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hello all,

New Firmware for Pocketbook 622/Touch available here.

New version for 611/Basic is scheduled for middle of December, for 903/912 (same device) scheduled middle of January. Regarding the usual delay in software-development calculate about 1-2 months delay.

New FW for 602, 603/612, 902 and the various 360 models is planned but not yet scheduled
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #670
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Hello all,
New Firmware ...
thanks troll!
Quote:
New version for 611/Basic is scheduled for middle of December, for 903/912 (same device) scheduled middle of January. Regarding the usual delay in software-development calculate about 1-2 months delay.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #671
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast
aldomenguzzi began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm a bit late, but I was wondering what was the best firmware for my newly bought PB912 (actually IBS PB912). I have read here and there and there are so many opinions.
I was wondering specifically what "language edition" since it seems that the german and russian are better (support more languaguages ??).
Furtheremore I was wondering if there were even newer mods.
Cheers
aldomenguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #672
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldomenguzzi View Post
I was wondering specifically what "language edition" since it seems that the german and russian are better (support more languaguages ??).
If you are talking about dictionaries, those are installed when the device is first provisioned by the company or distributor. You don't get any dictionaries inside the firmware updates. If you are looking for other dictionaries, then you can find some for sale at the Obreey store. There's also a thread on dictionaries in this group, where some people have uploaded or given links to custom-built dictionaries.

Fonts are provided in the firmware, I believe, but you can always add your own to /system/fonts/ without needing to update the device.

You can download more text-to-speech voices from the PocketBook web site. You can only have four voices at a time installed on the device, so you usually have to uninstall one before installing another. The User Manual explains the process pretty well.

I have an old 902, so I'll leave comments about the best 912 firmware to someone else.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #673
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply.
I was thinking about the firmware proper, not the dictionaries, but since you mention them, I will definitely look around and install some more.
Cheers
Old 12-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #674
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
So what language support were you looking for then? If you go into the Configuration menu and select Language, are there not many languages to choose from in the menu?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:38 AM   #675
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast

Thank for the reply,

I am fine with English, I was just wondering if other language editions had more "features", it seemed to me while reading around that there were some differences.
What I am looking forward to install is the "fastest" firmware, since I will have to do a lot of highlighting.
Cheers