Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #616
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
In this version on FB reader you can not change the fonts?

On 2.1.0 I can change fonts on fbreader!!
Hang on, MY FAULT: the problem is with a specific book, in other books I can change the font with FBreader without problem. Don't know what is wrong with that specific book I am reading, but please note FBreader works perfectly fine (and so does coolreader)!

As for the "explorer_t.app", it allows you to search for your books quite flexibly - I attach a picture to give you an idea.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0008.bmp (487.6 KB, 411 views)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #617
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
thank you paola. Thats been said, it is safe for me to upgrade to 2.1.1. My only concern is I have a lot of notes from different books, and the last i did a upgrade i lost the notes, but i do not remenber from which version i was upgrading. My tactic now will be perform backup and if something is lost I will restore.

thanks again!!
THe application looks nice, I installed and I was able to play with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Hang on, MY FAULT: the problem is with a specific book, in other books I can change the font with FBreader without problem. Don't know what is wrong with that specific book I am reading, but please note FBreader works perfectly fine (and so does coolreader)!

As for the "explorer_t.app", it allows you to search for your books quite flexibly - I attach a picture to give you an idea.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 06:17 AM   #618
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

paola:

I enter the russian forum where they discuss this software and what I read was some horror histories about bad formatting during installation, error etc etc.

to all: somebody already upgrade the pb902 with this 2.1.1? I like that they fix the pdfviewer and for some reason, pdfviewer make fonts a little bit darker on pdf's...

any thougths?
Quote:
thank you paola. Thats been said, it is safe for me to upgrade to 2.1.1. My only concern is I have a lot of notes from different books, and the last i did a upgrade i lost the notes, but i do not remenber from which version i was upgrading. My tactic now will be perform backup and if something is lost I will restore.

thanks again!!
THe application looks nice, I installed and I was able to play with it.

Last edited by skydive; 06-15-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #619
tomhck
Enthusiast
tomhck began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Skydive, I can confirm problems with upgrade to 2.1.1. Upgrade was during flashing reported as unsuccessful (due to "partition write error"), but everything seems to be (relatively) working.
tomhck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #620
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhck View Post
Skydive, I can confirm problems with upgrade to 2.1.1. Upgrade was during flashing reported as unsuccessful (due to "partition write error"), but everything seems to be (relatively) working.
I did not have problems, but may be because it is a different device. However I did update using the automatic update procedure: copied the files to the sd card, then I selected "check for updates" from the menu, and the machine went to check the SD card first, and updated from there - I am saying this just in case it helps. As for the pdfviewer, later I will post the same file with Adobeviewer and pdfviewer.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #621
skydive
Addict

Thanks! so, althought there is this partition error, the upgrade continue as normal?
or do you do something to make it work?

When you says "but everything seems to be (relatively) working" are referring to that pdfviewer is fixed and all tohers things works ok?

thanks!

Quote:
Old 06-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #622
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Updated to 2.1.1 without problem. I have pocketbook 903. I haven't tested pdfviewer yet. The virtual keyboard is faster then before . Actually all the software seems to work in general faster then before. But there is a little exception: the eraser in the annotation's function is awfully slow (the pencil and the highlighter work well).

Last edited by Shinra tensei; 06-15-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #623
tomhck
Enthusiast

Paola: yes, it could be because of the different device. However, my PB reports software version as 2.1.1

Skydive: "relatively working" means no strange behaviour and i can turn my PB on and off;-) Pdfviewer (navigation in landscape mode) is still not fixed.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #624
skydive
Addict

thanks!

When you upgrade, do you lost any notes or any info?
Quote:
Paola: yes, it could be because of the different device. However, my PB reports software version as 2.1.1

Skydive: "relatively working" means no strange behaviour and i can turn my PB on and off;-) Pdfviewer (navigation in landscape mode) is still not fixed.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #625
skydive
Addict

I did the upgrade. I did using the software update feature on the maintenance menu. Everything went ok.

Confirmed, pdfviewer scrolling in landscape mode IS NOT FIXED. Else is ok, no data loss.
Quote:
thanks!

When you upgrade, do you lost any notes or any info?
Old 06-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #626
tomhck
Enthusiast

I tried it again, using the update feature. SWUPDATE.BIN was in the main memory. Still the same error message:
"partition write error"
"update failed"
Old 06-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #627
skydive
Addict

Try using an sd card, only with the extracted files loaded in the sd card. I did update from the sd card and the update feature

Quote:
I tried it again, using the update feature. SWUPDATE.BIN was in the main memory. Still the same error message:
"partition write error"
"update failed"
Old 06-17-2011, 02:41 PM   #628
tomhck
Enthusiast

Quote:
Try using an sd card, only with the extracted files loaded in the sd card.
Well, i tried to do firmware update using the sd card, but still the same error message. Maybe you didn't notice, skydive? It's not a problem, anyway:-)
Old 06-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #629
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Well, i tried to do firmware update using the sd card, but still the same error message.
From which version did you start the update? I think I remember a similar problem with upgrading from 2.0.4, but I'm not too sure what it actually said, only something about "not successfull", but it showed 2.1.1
If so try 2.0.5 then 2.1.0 and 2.1.1, maybe you'll get it working proper
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #630
skydive
Addict

I was looking to the display the whole time

but as troll said, I upgrade from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1 , so i do not encoounter any problems..

Quote:
Well, i tried to do firmware update using the sd card, but still the same error message. Maybe you didn't notice, skydive? It's not a problem, anyway:-)