Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2014, 05:25 PM   #1
062604 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
KoboGlo not holding a charge?

DD and I both have KoboGlo's with sleep covers (Kobo brand). Settings are the same on both and Wifi is always turned off. For the last few days DD's Kobo will not hold a charge. I fully charged it yesterday and she went to use it today and it was dead again. She didn't use it at all and it was turned off after I charged it. Is there something wrong with the cover that could be draining the battery? Her Kobo is less than a month old. Mine is 2 years old and I am still getting about 6 weeks between charges - even though I have the same cover... At $30 for the cover I will be really unimpressed if it is causing a problem.
062604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:13 PM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Maybe try switching covers between the two Kobos. Then if yours exhibits the quick discharge it would indicate that for some reason the cover is the problem.

I would also try a "basic reset" on your DD's glo if you haven't done that yet.

http://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/artic...r-kobo-ereader
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
062604 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Maybe try switching covers between the two Kobos. Then if yours exhibits the quick discharge it would indicate that for some reason the cover is the problem.

I would also try a "basic reset" on your DD's glo if you haven't done that yet.

http://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/artic...r-kobo-ereader
Yeah - DH suggested that, but I don't want to mess with MY battery as I use my Kobo a lot. Left DD's in the case but left the case open - still at 100% battery. I'm going to close the case now and see what happens.
062604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:41 AM   #4
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
There was a big thread a few months after the Glo came out regarding short battery life -for some it turned out they had covers with an internal pocket or flap that was breaking the IR across the display before the cover magnet could put the device into sleep mode as the cover was closed so the reader continued to stay awake likely drawing a lot of power keeping the IR on continuously waiting for the finger (flap) to be lifted. Simple fixes included gluing the flap or pocket to the cover, removing the flap/pocket, or tossing the silly things back at the idiots who sold them! The test was simply to remove the Kobo and sleep it with a flick of the power button -no more problem then the cover was at fault.

Last edited by TechniSol; 09-04-2014 at 12:47 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote