Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-21-2020, 04:54 PM   #46
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
(Spent a good ten second looking for the emote button to add a :+1: before realizing this wasn't GH ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 04:21 PM   #47
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
v0.4.1 released

Hi all,

Just released a minor update to hopefully improve the shell scripts, as previously discussed.

I've also updated the metadata code a bit. It now only restarts KU/reruns USBMS if new books are added. Otherwise metadata is updated during the initial run.

As always, the release can be found at GitHub

Up next will be to figure out how I'm going to support Kobo's new-fangled series feature in FW 4.20
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:12 AM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Hi all,

Just released a minor update to hopefully improve the shell scripts, as previously discussed.

I've also updated the metadata code a bit. It now only restarts KU/reruns USBMS if new books are added. Otherwise metadata is updated during the initial run.

As always, the release can be found at GitHub

Up next will be to figure out how I'm going to support Kobo's new-fangled series feature in FW 4.20
Have a look at the code for Kobo Utilities or one of the Kobo Drivers as they both support the new 4.20 series tab.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:11 PM   #49
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have a look at the code for Kobo Utilities or one of the Kobo Drivers as they both support the new 4.20 series tab.
I generally know how it needs to be done, it's just the exact specifics on how I'm going to integrate it into my current codebase that needs to be determined.

And yes, I will probably shamelessly 'borrow' @geek1011's SQL implementation
Old 03-13-2020, 06:26 PM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I generally know how it needs to be done, it's just the exact specifics on how I'm going to integrate it into my current codebase that needs to be determined.

And yes, I will probably shamelessly 'borrow' @geek1011's SQL implementation
I would go with Davidfor's implementation as that's what Calibre is using (just in case there is a difference).
Old 03-13-2020, 06:35 PM   #51
sherman
Guru

They're basically equivalent, so yeah.

Basically, the issue is deciding what SeriesID to use. I think everyone's settled on the Kobo generated SeriesID if a user has a Kobo downloaded book in that series on their device, or the SeriesName otherwise.

As I said, a matter of integrating the logic/SQL in my own code. I'll probably get around to it when I can be bothered to install FW 4.20.x on my devices...
Old 03-13-2020, 06:46 PM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
They're basically equivalent, so yeah.

Basically, the issue is deciding what SeriesID to use. I think everyone's settled on the Kobo generated SeriesID if a user has a Kobo downloaded book in that series on their device, or the SeriesName otherwise.

As I said, a matter of integrating the logic/SQL in my own code. I'll probably get around to it when I can be bothered to install FW 4.20.x on my devices...
I hope it's not too difficult to implement the series stuff.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:54 PM   #53
sherman
Guru

Not difficult, just a bit annoying. Also, since I'm doing it on device, my implementation needs to be relatively efficient for performance and battery reasons.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:19 PM   #54
sherman
Guru

For those interested, I have an initial implementation of the new Series stuff "working".

On the downside, somewhere along the way I've introduced database corruption issues, which is Not Good.

So there won't be any sort of release until that issue is resolved.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:50 AM   #55
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
sherman, I just want to apologise for the hassle I caused with my USB error thing (caused by my connecting the USB immediately after using the application). Your application is now my ''go to'' method for transferring my books.

Many thanks.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:06 AM   #56
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
sherman, I just want to apologise for the hassle I caused with my USB error thing (caused by my connecting the USB immediately after using the application). Your application is now my ''go to'' method for transferring my books.

Many thanks.
No hassle at all. It was a problem that needed fixing, and made the whole thing just a bit more robust.

I'm glad it's working for you!
Old 04-20-2020, 11:33 PM   #57
zapras@yahoo.com
zapras@yahoo.com began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Is it possible to manually add an ip address to connect to? I want to expose this to the Internet.
zapras@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:48 PM   #58
sherman
Guru

Not currently. It's an option I've thought about though.

It's not really suitable for use over the internet though, as you have to basically need to have access to both the Kobo, and Calibre GUI simultaneously to use this.

Also, I don't know how it will perform. The protocol was designed to be used on a local network.

Also, security. There is no encryption on the connection at all, so you would be exposing the connection to the world.

In summary, I really would not recommend exposing this to the internet.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:41 AM   #59
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Since upgrading to 4.23 I have not been able to get this mod to work. I'm using NM, and while that end of it seems to work (KU still enables a fake USB connection, then proceeds to hit connect) it tries to enable wifi and fails.

The message "wps_supplicant failed to connect" is briefly displayed. I have noticed that wifi tends to disable quicker in 4.23 with FTP from NM. Not sure if that's also the issue here.

Running NM 0.3.2 and KU 0.4.1-11 and firmware 4.23.15505

Last edited by MGlitch; 08-13-2020 at 01:45 AM.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:55 AM   #60
sherman
Guru

Hmm. I haven't actually tried on 4.23 yet. I've been busy trying to get my NickelDBus mod (forthcoming) out the door, and haven't done anything with KU for quite a while.

The next version of KU shouldn't have this sort of issue, but I want it to use the afore mentioned NickelDBus mod, so could be a wee while yet.

Most of the WiFi connecting logic was adapted from KOreader, I'm not sure if they've run into any issues yet?