Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2020, 03:29 PM   #61
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Moderator Notice
Copyrighted material in post #48 has been deleted. Sabatini won’t be in the public domain until next month. Please be scrupulous in the future; this is the stuff of one and only warnings. Thanks.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:32 PM   #62
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Scaramouche is available at Project Gutenberg.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2020, 03:44 PM   #63
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Scaramouche is available at Project Gutenberg.
MobileRead follows the Life + 70 protocol which applies in the EU (I assume including Estonia) in regard to copyright; Project Gutenberg follows US protocol whereby Scaramouche is in the public domain since it was published in 1921.

Again, please be scrupulous.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:11 PM   #64
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Well, the scrambled epub kindly provided by JSWolf had the gaps too, although to a lesser extent than my other books. But I'm happy to report that pasting the widows/orphans setting to the conf. file seems to have done the trick. No more gaps! Still, it makes one wonder why my Kobo ignored the exact same settings in the css after the update...

Anyway, I'm happy for now. Many thanks, Jon. And I'm very grateful to other helpful people in this thread too. MobileRead rocks!
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:18 PM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Well, the scrambled epub kindly provided by JSWolf had the gaps too, although to a lesser extent than my other books. But I'm happy to report that pasting the widows/orphans setting to the conf. file seems to have done the trick. No more gaps! Still, it makes one wonder why my Kobo ignored the exact same settings in the css after the update...

Anyway, I'm happy for now. Many thanks, Jon. And I'm very grateful to other helpful people in this thread too. MobileRead rocks!
You're welcome,

That is an odd problem. But at least it's solved for now. I know the eBook I posted should have worked without the code in the config file.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2021, 06:54 AM   #66
lel24
lel24 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
The release notes for 4.26 have been put up on the Kobo API (My Words is now an "official" Beta Feature by the looks of it):

http://api.kobobooks.com/1.0/ReleaseNotes/132

I think that this is about the 3rd time that the release notes have been put up early ahead of release.
lel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:57 AM   #67
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
The FW download page seems to have a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 8.55.30 AM.png
Views:	208
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	185330  
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:13 AM   #68
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The FW download page worked for me. Momentary glitch?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-10 081416.png
Views:	176
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	185331  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:16 AM   #69
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The FW download page worked for me. Momentary glitch?
No, not momentary. Still happening...
Old 02-10-2021, 11:19 AM   #70
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Interesting since I checked after clearing the cache on two browsers and using another browser which I haven't used in a couple of months.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:50 AM   #71
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
That's odd. It works for me and I don't see any issue on my end in my logging/metrics or in the browser reported through Sentry. Can you check the browser devtools console?

Edit: Some external tests: https://www.browserstack.com/screens...fb2afd5a54af04.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kfwproxy.png
Views:	180
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	185335   Click image for larger version

Name:	kfwproxy1.png
Views:	170
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	185336   Click image for larger version

Name:	kobofw.png
Views:	174
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	185337  

Last edited by geek1011; 02-10-2021 at 11:58 AM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 12:34 PM   #72
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Something something javascript/ad blocker plugin?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 12:40 PM   #73
Elektron
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Something something javascript/ad blocker plugin?
That seemed to be the problem but when I disabled uBlock Origin it showed the same problem...
Old 02-10-2021, 12:45 PM   #74
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Ad blockers shouldn't be an issue. I don't try to do anything to stop them (I use one myself...).

What's in the browser console?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:27 PM   #75
Elektron
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Ad blockers shouldn't be an issue. I don't try to do anything to stop them (I use one myself...).

What's in the browser console?
My administrator blocked the console.

I ask myself, why?!

Tags
firmware, firmware release