Notices

Old 11-09-2020, 06:51 AM   #1
jjk
Enthusiast
jjk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Kindle Vivlio-Inkpad3
Request cloning editor saved searches

Hello Kovid
In editor I use many saved searches (SS). Sometimes I want to create a SS which is almost identical to another one. To build it I proceed by 3 stages : 1) edit the source SS, 2) copy the top filed (search) 3) create the target SS 4) paste in search field 5) edit source SS 6) copy the replace field 7) edit the target SS 8) paste in the replace field
As an alternative I can 1) export the source target in a new file 2) import that new file 3) delete that new file 4) rename the imported SS. It is simpler, but would it be possible to have a button to clone selected SS ? And if possible the clone SS would be renamed as xxx(2) or so.

TIA

Best regards
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In the next release the Export button has an option to copy the saved search to the search panel. Do that, then right click on the find field in the search panel and choose "save current search" which will create a new saved search cloned with the contents the the original search.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2020, 04:07 PM   #3
jjk
Enthusiast

Wow ! I'll try that ASAP.
Many thanks
Old 11-13-2020, 07:50 AM   #4
jjk
Enthusiast

I just tried v5.5 to see that new feature.
It is working.
BTW I just discovered that I could save the current regular search as a store search. That is achieving my request.

Many thanks

Tags
editor, search