Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-10-2022, 02:08 PM   #1
Meelibomin
Meelibomin began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke3
Calibredb --search ondevice:true not returning any results

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use the search option with calibredb list. The list comes up empty everytime I add this filter to the cmd. I'm using Windows 10, Calibre V6.

I've tried:
--search ondevice:true
--search "ondevice:true"
--search=ondevice:true
--search="ondevice:true"
--search="ondevice:"""=true"
--search='ondevice:"true"'
Along with the same variations using --s

I've also tried creating a custom column using program: ondevice() and using --search on that column instead, but to no avail. Using calibredb catalog with this search also doesn't work for me. All other fields available for --search seem to otherwise work fine for both list and catalog.

Searching ondevice:true works fine on the GUI. But I know I can't have both the GUI and calibredb cmd running at the same time.
Using ebook-device books (from the command line) works, and calibre-debug debug-device-driver correctly outputs my device. So it's left me quite confused.

Is there something I can do to make the calibredb --search option work with ondevice either using list or catalog?

Last edited by Meelibomin; 10-10-2022 at 02:10 PM.
Meelibomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 02:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ondevice only works in the GUI. calibredb knows nothing about connected devices.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 06:08 PM   #3
Meelibomin
Meelibomin began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke3
Thanks for clarifying, Kovid. I did read that in the manual, but got hopeful reading old blogs with outdated info on using calibredb that I came across in some google searches haha. Then of course, deluded myself into thinking ondevice is mentioned in the actual calibredb manual, when it's not at all. My bad!
Meelibomin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibredb, cmd, device, ondevice, search