Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-21-2022, 05:31 AM   #31
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
The odd thing is that it presents me with 3 books I'm NOT actually reading. I expected the ones at the top of my home page, but instead it provided a mixed list of recently added books and books which were already a long time present and which I seems to have "opened" somehow in the past. (one was even "finished") I'm curious what the logic is behind all this.

Last edited by DrChiper; 09-21-2022 at 05:48 AM.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 05:33 AM   #32
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do like the new added fonts. Tempted to use them instead of my Bitter Pro ones.
Old 09-21-2022, 06:11 AM   #33
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
The odd thing is that it presents me with 3 books I'm NOT actually reading. I expected the ones at the top of my home page, but instead it provided a mixed list of recently added books and books which were already a long time present and which I seems to have "opened" somehow in the past. (one was even "finished") I'm curious what the logic is behind all this.

It is two out of three for me. And when i removed one from the home, it is still displayed as one of the three 😁
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:27 AM   #34
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jackie's "Increase width available for book Title in Booklists - Storm only" patch carries over the new feature of dropdown displaying three ither recent books, particularly the font size change and extended title space

Very nice. Very nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	2477
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	196684  

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 09-21-2022 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-21-2022, 09:01 AM   #35
PunkyKoopa
Connoisseur
PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I can't update my device. The update just doesn't appear to be available. It's not out yet for Libra 2?
PunkyKoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 09:06 AM   #36
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyKoopa View Post
I can't update my device. The update just doesn't appear to be available. It's not out yet for Libra 2?

You can find and download the update package from here

https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 09:10 AM   #37
PunkyKoopa
Connoisseur
PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
You can find and download the update package from here

https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
Thank you. So it isn't officially available just yet, right? I mean directly from your device.
PunkyKoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 09:20 AM   #38
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyKoopa View Post
Thank you. So it isn't officially available just yet, right? I mean directly from your device.
It is, kobo releases updates via wifi in waves. So you can either wait for your device to be in the wave getting the update, or do it manually.

The waves are generally controlled by changing your affiliate, though honestly unless you don't have access to a computer, and don't patch your device, there's not much need to change the affiliate to get the update early since as soon as it's released you can just do it manually anyway.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 09:25 AM   #39
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like the Rakuten Serif font, never cared for sans serif so I'm not going to look at that one. It's a touch light for my taste, but thankfully the built in add weight feature works rather well.

Haven't had any reading experience with it yet, but I'll give it a shot over Literata Book and see how it shakes out.
Old 09-21-2022, 09:48 AM   #40
DrChiper
Bookish

Further, hopefully the battery behavior is also positively affected by this update. We will see it in due time, I guess.
Old 09-21-2022, 10:03 AM   #41
MGlitch
Wizard

As to the recently reading feature added in this update, it behaves properly once you've opened the books. Not sure if adding a new book after this will result in that book being displayed or if it retains the 3 books you've recently opened.
Old 09-21-2022, 10:09 AM   #42
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
I just updated my Libra 2 and patched the fw with geek1101's patches.

The fonts work fine on my Libra 2. I tested it immediately after the update to see if I can replicate what you experienced.

BTW, the fonts look like this: https://global.rakuten.com/corp/desi...ets/img/kv.svg
Quoting myself and updating my experience.

I tried to try the new Rakuten serif font and when i went to Advanced Option everything is fine until i toggled the font size. The font on the left and right side screen (before and after windows) became both sans serif.

You can test with various fonts toggling various settings in the Advanced Options to see what will trigger this bug.
Old 09-21-2022, 11:15 AM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Quoting myself and updating my experience.

I tried to try the new Rakuten serif font and when i went to Advanced Option everything is fine until i toggled the font size. The font on the left and right side screen (before and after windows) became both sans serif.

You can test with various fonts toggling various settings in the Advanced Options to see what will trigger this bug.
The last 4.33 firmware has a bug where if you are reading ePub, sometimes the font shown in the advanced font section is a sans-serif font. The weight added is correct and it does apply to the font you are using. The only thing that doesn't work properly is the size because it's a different font. But as long as the font name is correct, adding/removing weight will work. The size change will also work, it's just that you may not see it correctly for the chosen font.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-21-2022 at 06:23 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 11:27 AM   #44
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
As to the recently reading feature added in this update, it behaves properly once you've opened the books. Not sure if adding a new book after this will result in that book being displayed or if it retains the 3 books you've recently opened.
How is it accessed? Where is it?

I put this version FW on my Sage and 1st time since 4.32.x that exporting Advanced Notebooks works OK. So far all else seems fine.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 11:34 AM   #45
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
How is it accessed? Where is it?

I put this version FW on my Sage and 1st time since 4.32.x that exporting Advanced Notebooks works OK. So far all else seems fine.
Open book, swipe down from the top edge.

Tags
firmware, firmware release