Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-08-2021, 06:08 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Any idea how to detect all files on Android devices?

I need to transfer a screenshot from my Likebook P10 to my Mac.

The standard method is to use Android File Transfer, but that (a) screws with screen sharing apps, (b) screws with Calibre, (c) installs Android File Transfer Agent which automatically starts Android File Transfer every time you plug in an Android device, requiring users to somehow kill it before using anything else, (d) adds Android File Transfer Agent to the login items, (e) re-adds Android File Transfer Agent after you remove it. It's @#$% malware.

One alternative is to use OpenMTP, but too much animation.

So if I keep Android File transfer from interfering, e.g. by deleting it, then Calibre can detect some book files. But it doesn't detect the screenshots. Is there some trick I'm missing here?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, calibre