Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-21-2007, 11:33 AM   #31
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I hope you're right. Gives me an excuse to shop for ebooks! I like to bring various selections of short reading for people to these parties. By the way, I love your avatar. Looks a lot like the little girl who is sprawled across my lap right now.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:52 AM   #32
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwit View Post
It's always been my experience with Amazon that they add a few business days to estimated delivery dates. I almost always receive things from them in advance of the date they quote.
That's been my experience using any free shipping they might offer. Since I've been using Prime (2 years) their dates have generally been spot on.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2007, 06:00 PM   #33
gasusan
gasusan began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle (soon)
I am glad I ordered mine. Now it says "Availability: In stock on December 3, 2007. " on the product page!

Susan
gasusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:07 PM   #34
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Wow, who would have thought that it'd sell faster than Starbucks coffee.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #35
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
I wonder if they will release how many they have sold?
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2007, 06:21 PM   #36
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GreatGonzo View Post
You know, you kids have it easy ... you just click a button and there's your stuff ... I remember the old days, when we first had to bully the manufacturer of an e-reader into selling it to us ... and even then it would take forever until you got it ... and tracking it was a nightmare ... and don't even talk to me about the price ... what is the world coming to ... grumble mumble ...
And I bet you had to read it by the light of the fire place!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #37
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Looks like they're now sold out until December 17.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:45 PM   #38
pixiepurls
pixiepurls began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Yeah I wonder how many they sold in each set, it was weird I saw it change from Dec 3rd to the 5th which is only 2 days difference... so lets say they had 1,000 units each time they have changed the date i think nearly 4 times that would make 4,000 units.. or if it was 10,000 that could be like 40,000 units.. just speculating obviously though.
pixiepurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #39
gregr209
Enthusiast
gregr209 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505 / Kindle
My ship date says Nov. 30th arriving on Dec. 3rd. I hope its true! I can't wait! I'm returning my Sony Reader tomorrow to stay within the 14 day return policy.

Greg
gregr209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #40
datrop
datrop began at the beginning.

Device: axim
I want to see how Kindle sales pan out with respect to resellers. Considering that the past year has seen a surge in craigslist/ebay scalping (e.g. wii, ps3, iphone), I wouldn't be surprised if publicity surrounding the 5-6 hour sellout didn't catch the eyes of certain enterprising individuals. In their eyes, the Kindle might seem like the perfect item, having a single distributor, massive publicity, a high price as far as gadgets go, low shipping costs, and a holiday season introduction. I guess we'll find out within the week once the next couple of shipments go out.
datrop is offline   Reply With Quote