Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-30-2017, 02:04 AM   #241
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta - Import language

As Tanjamuse recently pointed out, this plugin didn't support importing the book language. I have add support for languages.

The language needs to be in one of the common language codes or the name. So, to specify "English", you can use one of "English", "eng" or "en" or "French" is "French", "fre" or "fr". If there are multiple languages, they need to be a comma separated list of the codes.

As well as this, I realised I had put out some betas last year to fix some other problems. These are included in this beta. The full list of changes in this beta are:
  • Fix some encoding issues to match calibre changes.
  • Update recipes for "Goodread: Listopia: Best Books Ever", "Fantastic Fiction"
  • Add languages to the list of available calibre columns.

If there are any problem, please tell me. I'll try and release the update properly next weekend.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Import List-beta.zip (117.2 KB, 228 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:07 AM   #242
RotAnal
Connoisseur
RotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I have experienced an odd behaviour of the plug-in (web page modality). After some training, I get the correct (highlighted) number of elements for each field from a scientific book web site, but in the field Authors (and in this only) I get for each book the whole set of Authors, each subset separated by an ampersand character. I suspect it is brought about by the field itself and not from wrong XPath settings.
In other words, I get in the Authors field:
1. <authors of book1> & <authors of book2> & <authors of book3>
2. <authors of book1> & <authors of book2> & <authors of book3>
3. <authors of book1> & <authors of book2> & <authors of book3>

Where I am wrong then?
Thanks for attention

Last edited by RotAnal; 05-03-2017 at 01:00 PM.
RotAnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:12 AM   #243
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotAnal View Post
I have experienced an odd behaviour of the plug (in web page modality). After some training, I get the correct (highlighted) number of elements for each field from a scientific book web site, but in the field Authors (and in this only) I get for each book the whole set of authors each subset separated by an ampersand character. I suspect it is brought about by the field itself and not from wrong XPath settings.
In other words, I get in the Authors field:
1. <authors of book1> & <authors of book2> & <authors of book3>
2. <authors of book1> & <authors of book2> & <authors of book3>
3. <authors of book1> & <authors of book2> & <authors of book3>

Where I am wrong then?
Thanks for attention
Off the top of my head, I don't know. I think I'd need to see the site and the rules you are using to work it out.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:43 AM   #244
RotAnal
Connoisseur
RotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheese

Good.
I attached the whole zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip Springer.zip (635 Bytes, 157 views)
Old 05-04-2017, 09:10 AM   #245
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Looking at that, the main problem is that you aren't selecting the book rows properly. The selection you have selected the full list of books. Within this the author was selecting all as you had.

For the rows I have: //li[contains(@class, "listItemBooks")]

The for the author it is: ./div/div/p/span[@class="displayBlock"]/text()

The attached is the saved settings that seemed to work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Springer.zip (653 Bytes, 176 views)
Old 05-04-2017, 09:39 AM   #246
RotAnal
Connoisseur

Thanks so much, it works now! Actually I just need more training with XPath (for instance I was unaware of the self (.) axis). Thanks again!
Old 05-21-2017, 09:42 AM   #247
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As Tanjamuse recently pointed out, this plugin didn't support importing the book language. I have add support for languages.

The language needs to be in one of the common language codes or the name. So, to specify "English", you can use one of "English", "eng" or "en" or "French" is "French", "fre" or "fr". If there are multiple languages, they need to be a comma separated list of the codes.

As well as this, I realised I had put out some betas last year to fix some other problems. These are included in this beta. The full list of changes in this beta are:

If there are any problem, please tell me. I'll try and release the update properly next weekend.
As I see you still haven't published the update, you could replace store.png by browser.png in tab_settings.py and tab_webpage.py. This way the buttons will use the proper icon.
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:34 AM   #248
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas F View Post
As I see you still haven't published the update, you could replace store.png by browser.png in tab_settings.py and tab_webpage.py. This way the buttons will use the proper icon.
Thanks. I think this has looked wrong since the icon theme for calibre changed. The old store.png made more sense for this than the new one.

I'll be trying to get this and the other plugins I've modified out this week.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:30 AM   #249
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Is there a way to allow the user to line up the columns in such a way that they can be compared side-by-side with the library? I often compare what I am adding from the list to the library. Dates for example. My Calibre Library has a "date added" column, but if I am importing an old csv with a "date added" column, I like to have them next to each other so i can compare the two columns to see if I need to change the info.

Does that make sense? Also, I hate to bug...there often is no column header for books in the library, so I often am unsure which columns I am looking at. This is generally the coma separated values.

Thanks!
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:52 AM   #250
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.2.0

The update to version 1.2.0 of the plugin has just been released. The changes in the update are:
  • Fix browser button icons.

All of the changes have been in the recent betas.

Calibre will present the update sometime in the next hour or so for downloading, or you can manually download it from the first post.

If there are any problems with the update, please report them here and I will look into them.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:31 PM   #251
quarkpott
quarkpott began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello,

I have an CSV list with title, author an other catagories. Calibre only take the first two things from the list and add it. I have no idea why.

Can anyone help me please?

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english
quarkpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #252
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

You have to choose which columns to add the information in.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:43 PM   #253
quarkpott
quarkpott began at the beginning.

I have. The preview is correct and everything looks fine. But after that I only have the title and the author in my list.

I have no idea why
quarkpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:45 PM   #254
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Can you post some screenshots?
Old 09-12-2017, 02:14 PM   #255
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Is there any way to sort the list of books by author or story title when I search for unmatched books?

Thanks

Tags
column types