Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-19-2022, 03:17 AM   #136
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlekin89 View Post
solved by modification subroutine: removeInvalidChars in script PocketBookDic
Odd. What did you change? No idea why a capital E would trigger that subroutine, nor why it would generate an error.

(Maybe add @Markismus to your post next time. Than I will be notified, instead of stumbling upon your post weeks later.)
@arlekin89 Could you send a link to the dictionary and to the altered script?

EDIT: Char 3 would be the end-of-text control character, which doesn't show up in a terminal. Did you just add char 3 to the sub removeInvalidChars?

Last edited by Markismus; 04-21-2022 at 02:52 PM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 08:32 PM   #137
jfiggis
jfiggis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
@Markismus Thanks for your truly awesome work! Could you perhaps provide an optmized version of the webster's dictionary for KOReader? I noticed that some dictionaries has a KOREADER_optimized version but sadly the webster one does not
jfiggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2022, 12:54 AM   #138
takfarinas
takfarinas began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o libra
German arabic kobo dictionary

Hello

i am looking for a German arabic dictionary for Kobo , the one I uploaded here is to poor... I have a Schreggle German arabic its full but its in pdf and epub and kindle ...
https://archive.org/details/german-a...ge/n1/mode/2up
can you help me plse ?
takfarinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 03:25 PM   #139
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

@takfarinas Nope. The thread is about dictionary format conversion.

So the starting point is a given formatted dictionary. Then the question is whether it can be converted? That's were I take an interest.

Your pdf-, epub-file is not a formatted dictionary. It needs a reader to interpret it and generate the data in a format. Normally, we do this when we look at a lemma and read its meaning.
To write a new script to look for visually repeating patterns is also very interesting. However, the script that I wrote, can't do that. Rather it would take the results from the new script and parse it into another format when needed.
Old 05-07-2022, 10:55 AM   #140
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Hi,
Could anyone convert this dictionary into dict format for KOReader, please?

Thank you in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Babylon Oxford American Dictionary.zip (11.10 MB, 89 views)
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2022, 11:42 AM   #141
Markismus
Guru

@ichnilatis and @jfigges I've converted your libraries and put them here.
Old 05-15-2022, 07:27 AM   #142
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
@ichnilatis and @jfigges I've converted your libraries and put them here.
Thank you very much for your help!
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 08:27 AM   #143
mandelgado58
mandelgado58 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook inkpad 3 pro
How to change kindle french spanish diccionary to .dic format

Hello, would it be possible to change a kindle .azw dictionary to .dic format?. I have been a lot of time looking for a program to do it without luck. If it is possible how can I upload the file? Thanks
mandelgado58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 09:27 AM   #144
Markismus
Guru

@madelgado58 Basically: You could get lucky.

Both mobi- and kindle-dictionaries are a free format. The formats are getting more uniform, so you have better luck with Kindle than with Mobi formats. But that's it.

The script unpacks it with KindleUnpacker and then looks at the resulting data whether it is recognizable. If it is, it converts it to for instance Pocketbook dic-files. If it isn't, you'll have to tinker or it has to be a very interesting dictionary for me to take an interest and tinker.

You can upload any file to a fileserver and post the share link. Known fileservers are e.g. Dropbox and pCloud, but the internet is actually flooded with them. For an example of pCloud, you can look at post #1 of this thread.
Old 06-26-2022, 12:37 PM   #145
mandelgado58

Thankyou very much for your answer. I have not used KindleUnpacker but I will try. If it is interesting for you to tinker here is the file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9z6ey0eivm...06NQM.azw?dl=0
Thanks again Markismus great work
Old 06-27-2022, 06:04 AM   #146
Markismus
Guru

I ran your azw-file and it failed due to being encrypted. So you'll have to hack it first, before you can convert it.
Code:
Command line arguments provided:
'dict/Dictionnaire français de définitions_B005306NQM.azw'
'fr'
Found command line argument: dict/Dictionnaire français de définitions_B005306NQM.azw.
Assuming it is meant as the dictionary file name.
Found command line argument: fr.
Assuming it is meant as language directory.
Operating system is linux: All good to go!
Local path is dict.
Full path is /home/mark/Downloads/PocketbookDic/dict
Found python responding as expected.
The script kindelunpack.py is now unpacking the file:
/home/mark/Downloads/PocketbookDic/dict/Dictionnaire français de définitions_B005306NQM.azw
to: /home/mark/Downloads/PocketbookDic/dict/Dictionnaire français de définitions_B005306NQ. This will take some time. 20220627 10:59:23
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mark/git/KindleUnpack/lib/kindleunpack.py", line 1020, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/home/mark/git/KindleUnpack/lib/kindleunpack.py", line 1008, in main
    unpackBook(infile, outdir, apnxfile, epubver, use_hd)
  File "/home/mark/git/KindleUnpack/lib/kindleunpack.py", line 923, in unpackBook
    process_all_mobi_headers(files, apnxfile, sect, mhlst, K8Boundary, False, epubver, use_hd)
  File "/home/mark/git/KindleUnpack/lib/kindleunpack.py", line 767, in process_all_mobi_headers
    raise unpackException('Book is encrypted')
__main__.unpackException: Book is encrypted
KindleUnpack failed to convert the mobi-file.
KindleUnpack v0.82
   Based on initial mobipocket version Copyright © 2009 Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
   Extensive Extensions and Improvements Copyright © 2009-2014 
       by:  P. Durrant, K. Hendricks, S. Siebert, fandrieu, DiapDealer, nickredding, tkeo.
   This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
   it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
   the Free Software Foundation, version 3.
Unpacking Book...
Palm DB type: BOOKMOBI, 16373 sections.
Warning: Bad key, size, value combination detected in EXTH  406 16 0000000000000000
Unpacking a Mobipocket 7 book...
Processing Mobipocket 7 section of book...
Mobi Version: 7
Codec: utf-8
Title: Dictionnaire Français Cordial
EXTH Title: Dictionnaire français Cordial (French Edition)
Palmdoc compression

--- Begin stack trace ---
pocketbookdic.pl line 1388 in function main::Die
pocketbookdic.pl line 1807 in function main::loadXDXF
--- End stack trace ---
Died at pocketbookdic.pl line 375.
Since azw is yet another extension, I had to adapt the script and uploaded it to github.
You can get the same results by search&replace all
Code:
$FileName =~ m~^(?<filename>((?!\.azw3).)+)\.azw3$
by
Code:
$FileName =~ m~^(?<filename>((?!\.azw3?).)+)\.azw3?$

Last edited by Markismus; 06-27-2022 at 06:10 AM.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:31 AM   #147
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Looks like a typo to me. Isn't it
Quote:
$FileName =~ m~^(?<filename>((?!\.azw?).)+)\.azw?$
?
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:37 AM   #148
mandelgado58

I am sorry I do not understand it. I am not used to Python (I do not have the program either) I thought it would be a Windows program. Sorry it is the first time I try to convert a dictionary. But thankyou for your work. I will follow this thread to see if anyone can help me.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:53 AM   #149
Markismus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Looks like a typo to me. Isn't it

?
Nope. It's the '3' that matches zero or one time.

Last edited by Markismus; 06-28-2022 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:56 AM   #150
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Ups, my fault, thanks for the correction!
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote