Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 03:31 AM   #1276
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:16 PM   #1277
SegnorSrSr
SegnorSrSr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi, I just received a nice Kobo Glo HD N437 from eBay, and it is stuck on the registration part, I guess the Goodwill staff that sold it reset it before sending it.

I have tried the Factory reset (where it shows "Critical Error") and it comes back to the language and Wifi part of the setup, it takes the wifi credentials, then shows the TimeZone correctly and when I click continue it shows a dialog saying "Something went wrong".

If I try connecting to the PC, the Kobo Desktop app does not recognize it, although Calibre does.

I can read the SD card, I even used the USB image tool to create a clone of it onto another 4GB SD card, and I arrive at the same error. I checked the version file and it says it is version 3.14.0.

Any chance that a new image could get it back to work?

Thanks in advance!
Advert
Old 05-28-2022, 07:57 AM   #1278
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@SegnorSrSr: I have sent a PM with the link to the image, but, it don't really expect it to help.

The WiFi connection issue is related to the firmware version. Which is the same in the image. The issue is that several years ago, Kobo had to remove older security protocols from their servers as they are no longer considered to be secure. The firmware on the older devices after a factory reset is to uses the older protocols so cannot connect.

To get around this, you should be able to use the Kobo desktop application. That still recognises all the devices and can do updates for them. If it is not seeing the Glo HD, then there is another issue. But, you can also manually install the update when it is connected to the device. I recommend at least firmware version 3.19, but, Kobo is still releasing updates for it and 4.32 is working fine.

It is possible that part of the problem is the SD card. If this is failing, then it can cause some problems. I wouldn't expect this to cause anything the problems you are seeing. Though I'm not sure when the "Critical Error" is happening, so maybe that is it.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:23 PM   #1279
SegnorSrSr
SegnorSrSr began at the beginning.

@davidfor, you are the man! that was exactly the problem, the new image allowed the Glo HD to be picked up by the KB Desktop, as the Wifi was not working.

After a while, it completed the update and sync of my books to the Glo HD, when I disconected, it rebooted the reader and went off to black screen and it seems it did another recover of some sort.

When it came back it was all looking good, I checked the version and it is now 4.32.19501!

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2022, 02:22 AM   #1280
MeuhDaCow
MeuhDaCow began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD N437
Hello!
I own an old Kobo GLO HD N437 and I have done the update from the reader and... It is bricked... White screen nothing happen yet.
Can someone send me a restoration img?
Thx!
Advert
Old 06-01-2022, 08:08 PM   #1281
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-04-2022, 07:05 AM   #1282
MeuhDaCow
MeuhDaCow began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD N437
Thank you!
Old 06-17-2022, 12:54 PM   #1283
Wunasty23
Wunasty23 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO CLARA
Need Kobo Glo HD image

Can anyone send me an image for Kobo Glo HD? I bricked my ereader.

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2022, 08:06 PM   #1284
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-18-2022, 08:35 AM   #1285
Tris1119
Tris1119 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Hi. Seems like I've bricked my Kobo glo HD unit. can I request for an sd img file pls? tris1119@gmail.com
Old 06-18-2022, 10:09 AM   #1286
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-18-2022, 08:15 PM   #1287
Tris1119
Tris1119 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Thanks thanks

Thanks bunch David!
Old 07-11-2022, 06:01 AM   #1288
beelen
beelen began at the beginning.

I would like to receive the SD image of a KOBO GLO HD

Can anyone help?
Old 07-11-2022, 08:13 AM   #1289
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-12-2022, 09:52 AM   #1290
Hyram
Hyram began at the beginning.

Device: none
My Glo HD has been doing the intermittent-freeze thing (oddly enough, it usually happens when I put it in my back pocket) so I'd like to add the card image to my things-to-try toolkit whilst I await the arrival of a quality Sandisk uSD, as I suspect the factory original is on its last legs.

Please, sir, may I have ... [*consults notes on a piece of paper*] a copy of the SD card image for my Glo HD?

Thanking the MR gods in advance.
Closed Thread