Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-22-2022, 10:28 PM   #3361
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
This week . . .

Kinsmen by Ilona Andrews
#1 - Silent Blade - 4
#2 - Silver Shark - 4
#3 - Fated Blades - 3.5
This is Hidden Legacy on another planet. #1 & #2 are novellas but they're both very good, a score of 4 is about the highest I ever give novellas. Listened to #3 on KU, it's comparatively short, did not care for the narration. I don't know if I've ever preferred the novellas of a series over the main books.
Make it Sweet by Kristen Callihan - 4
Listened on KU, narration is good. This one comes after Dear Enemy even though it isn't listed as a series.
Corrupted Hearts by Tiffany Snow
#3 - Find Me - 3.5
Listened on KU, narration is good. Plot is convoluted and over the top. One book to go.
Forty Proof by Shannon Mayer
#1 - Midlife Bounty Hunter - 4.5
#2 - Midlife Fairy Hunter - 4
Finally got to this KU author. This is an interesting world with things being revealed a little at a time. There's nothing about her writing that irritates me so I'll be plowing through this series, 4 published books left with another to be released Aug 29th.
Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon
#1 - Ice Planet Barbarians - 4
Listened via Overdrive, weird that my library had this one. Narration is very good but NSFW! I will definitely check out more of this series in KU.
Luck Harbor by Jill Shalvis
#7 - It Had to be You - 3.5
Listened on Overdrive. Narration is good. I left off on this series a long time ago, I still have 4 more to go. I'll keep working through them where audio is available.

Purchased: none
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:20 PM   #3362
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you grabbed this one (still free) you might want to pick up Wild Lands (Savage Lands #2) which is a Kindle Daily Deal for $0.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Freebie! I think this is first time free, hasn't dropped anywhere else yet. Very popular well rated series.

Savage Lands (Savage Lands #1) by Stacey Marie Brown
Kindle
Old 05-25-2022, 11:44 AM   #3363
apesmom
Wizard

Freebie! I loved this one, my favorite characters in the series.

Beard Science (Winston Brothers #3) by Penny Reid
Spoiler:
Make a deal with the devil and you might get what you want, but will it be what you need?

Jennifer Sylvester wants one thing, and that one thing is NOT to be Tennessee’s reigning Banana Cake Queen. Ever the perpetual good girl and obedient daughter, Jennifer is buckling under the weight of her social media celebrity, her mother’s ambitions, and her father’s puritanical mandates. Jennifer is officially desperate.

And desperate times call for Cletus Winston.

Cletus Winston is a puzzle wrapped in a mystery covered in conundrum sauce, and now he’s in a pickle. Despite being convinced of his own omniscience, extortion by the exalted Banana Cake Queen of Green Valley has taken him completely by surprise. So... what’s a maniacal mastermind to do?

Likely, the last thing you expect.

Kindle | Kobo | Google
Old 05-25-2022, 12:16 PM   #3364
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Thank you so much for all the free/on sale books! ^^^
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM   #3365
apesmom
Wizard

Another freebie from my KU list. Haven't read this author yet.

The Call (Building the Circle #1) by Maggie M Lilly
Spoiler:
It starts with a foul-mouthed billionaire trying to save an unconventional damsel. The psychics and empaths sneak in while no one's paying attention.

Matilda's not a damsel in distress. Bold, decisive, and disabled, she is a self-employed strategic consultant in the liquor industry. Her reputation for success has landed her the opportunity to build a new brand of beer for the ultra-rich Trellis Industries.

Jake Trellis wants to be her foul-mouthed Prince Charming. When Matilda shows up in his office doorway, late for a meeting, dripping wet, partially frozen, and babbling about a mishap, Jake is certain lady-tears are incoming. He was not anticipating getting snarked at and whomped at 8-ball. He definitely didn’t expect to fall in love.

But is Matilda ready to join the close-knit Trellis clan? They're too rich, too beautiful. Too many supermodel girlfriends. And then there's that strange brother, the one who seems to know more than he should...

Jake and Matty's journey to love—a wild ride filled with screeching shrews, slobbering dogs, gifted dildos, unfortunate naughty public encounters, and a whole mess of siblings—is the start of a paranormal romance series that readers say is laugh-out-loud funny and impossible to put down.

Get ready to fall in love with the Trellis family: they're a little bit psychic, a little bit empathic, and completely oblivious to their special gifts.

NOTE: The Call is a snarky, slow-burn romantic comedy with paranormal elements. It features a billionaire hero (well, he might be a billionaire. He hasn't checked in a few days) and a feisty heroine with good friends, a good job, and a disability. It's got a lot of lovin', a good old happy ending, and just a hint of psychic powers.