Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 11-11-2021, 06:29 AM   #1
johnrsmith
Enthusiast
johnrsmith began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
increase the font using Acrobat Reader on an iPad mini?

I read PDFs on an iPad mini which is quite small. I can increase the size of whole document by sliding my thumb and forefinger apart, but that increases the whole document and slides the text outside the screen. Is there some way to increase the font so that all text stays within the margins of my iPad mini?

I cannot use Liquid Mode because when I attempt to activate Liquid Mode I get a message, "Liquid Mode isn't yet available for files over 200 pages." My document is too long to use Liquid Mode.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
johnrsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 10:55 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
No, you can't usually change the font size on a PDF, only zoom the page. Most PDFs are WYSIWYG for a particular size of paper. They are electronic documents, not ebooks. You need either a bigger tablet or epub/kindle versions.

Liquid mode only works with some PDFs even if short.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 12:46 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You could split your document in chunks below 200 pages, and see if that helps.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 01:19 AM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Or you can look at the first sticky topic right in this PDF forum.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 11:57 AM   #5
johnrsmith
Enthusiast
johnrsmith began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Or you can look at the first sticky topic right in this PDF forum.
Thank you. Yes, I'll give it a try.
johnrsmith is offline   Reply With Quote