Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-22-2020, 08:31 AM   #1
GeorgeYellow
Enthusiast
GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook, Kindle
non-BN reader with similar to 'Read-in-Store"

The 'Read-in-Store' feature was one of the most tragically undersold features of the BN ecosystem, and yet my main reason to buy their readers.

It (mostly) worked, even this year (when it's read "just outside" the store).

Further, it supported reading any chapter of the available books; and it had an amazing selection, including technical books.

As I look to Amazon or Kobo, is there anything similar for ebook tasting?

I know both Kobo and Amazon have "unlimited" programs, but are these comparable in terms of selection?
GeorgeYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:21 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Amazon, Google and Smashwords all have free samples. Can be 20%. Possibly Apple too.
I've read Amazon free samples on my Kobo.

If you have Calibre, (4.23 for this rather than 5.x as I write), then choice of ereader is more down to price and screen. For me the collections and annotations are important, so Kobo beats Amazon on that. I read entire Amazon ebooks on my Kobo Libra.

I never heard of instore sampling without a download. But I've never ever been in a bookstore that sold ebooks as well as paper. I do also buy paper books.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert