Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #16
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
1. In what year were you born? 1977

2. What's your line of work? Elementary school teacher

3. Where do you live? Toronto, Canada

4. What do you read on your device? (fiction, newspapers, articles ect.) Fiction, magazines, webpages/articles

5. When do you use it? On the subway, at home, when babysitting, out and about

6. Which E-Book Device do you own? Sony Reader and iPod Touch. In the past, I have owned and used an eBookwise and some others.

7. What's your verdict (quick)? I love it. I wish for one format which all readers can support. I can read secure eReader on my iPod Touch without converting, but must convert to read them on my Sony, and the finished file does not always look as nice, plus it's a lot of work. In the past, I would have to get rid of print books due to lacking space to store them, so I love that ebooks let me keep the book forever without worrying about this.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:14 PM   #17
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
1. In what year were you born?

2. What's your line of work?
Adult Entertainment

3. Where do you live?
Taipei, Taiwan

4. What do you read on your device? (fiction, newspapers, articles ect.)
Strictly novels

5. When do you use it?
On commutes and in coffee shops

6. Which E-Book Device do you own?
Sony PRS-505

7. What's your verdict (quick)?
Space-saving and convenient, ugly and unrefined, good for linear reading with no dynamic navigation (novels tolerate this better than, say, scholarly journals)
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:55 PM   #18
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
1. In what year were you born? 1947

2. What's your line of work? IT Engineer

3. Where do you live? Austin, Texas

4. What do you read on your device? (fiction, newspapers, articles ect.) SF and Tech PDFs and I create for the ebook reader

5. When do you use it? All the time

6. Which E-Book Device do you own? EzReader

7. What's your verdict (quick)? I love it and would not leave home with out my ebook reader

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:31 PM   #19
pbananth
Enthusiast
pbananth is on a distinguished road

Device: Ebookwise 1150,EBOOKWISE 1200,JOINTECH JE 100
Thumbs up

1. In what year were you born? 1962

2. What's your line of work? Accountant/Audit

3. Where do you live? CHENNAI,INDIA

4. What do you read on your device? (fiction, newspapers, articles ect.) Mostly fiction, and SANSKRIT/TAMIL PDF BOOK
5. When do you use it? Every day.and invariably before sleep.
6. Which E-Book Device do you own? 1200,EBOOKWISE 1150

7. What's your verdict (quick)? I love reading ebooks on the portable reader and my library card lying unused.
pbananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #20
laura8090
Voracious
laura8090 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150, EZReader, iTouch, JetBook, Pocketbook 360, Samsung TAB
1. In what year were you born?

2. What's your line of work?
Librarian

3. Where do you live?
Southern California

4. What do you read on your device? (fiction, newspapers, articles ect.)
Fiction

5. When do you use it?
Every day, any time I have a moment to read.

6. Which E-Book Device do you own?
Ebookwise 1150

7. What's your verdict (quick)?
I started reading on an ebook device, the old Rocket Ebook, back in Dec 1999. Never looked back. I maybe read a tree-book once a year if that. It's a basic reader, but it does what I need.
laura8090 is offline   Reply With Quote