Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 02:48 AM   #31
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyche View Post
When I plug my iPad into my Windows pc, it appears as a "digital camera" drive and I can copy pictures from it.
...same on Mac. I'm using some as desktop pics on iPad and will collect/backup them on Mac.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #32
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Yes, very nice. I copy some of the pictures "snapped" from the LIFE app.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #33
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Once they are on the computer I am putting them in an iPhoto album. I subscribed to Everyday Food so I will have a whole set of recipes. I also have an album for the Apartment Therapy website where I am clipping cool pics from them. I love looking at decorating books and this way I can make my own.

One question, does iPhoto copy the pictures into its own directory system like Calibre does? I want to make sure I am not duplicating and that the pics are only in one spot. If so, can I specify where I want it to put them to make sure it gets backed up by Dropbox?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #34
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Once they are on the computer I am putting them in an iPhoto album. I subscribed to Everyday Food so I will have a whole set of recipes. I also have an album for the Apartment Therapy website where I am clipping cool pics from them. I love looking at decorating books and this way I can make my own.

One question, does iPhoto copy the pictures into its own directory system like Calibre does? I want to make sure I am not duplicating and that the pics are only in one spot. If so, can I specify where I want it to put them to make sure it gets backed up by Dropbox?
If you like clipping and stuff, why not get the evernote app so you can organize them? and add text if needed?
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #35
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
If you like clipping and stuff, why not get the evernote app so you can organize them? and add text if needed?
yeh seems perfect for you clippers

take pics in app, exit out and go int evernote app, open the pic tag it and upload, job done.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #36
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
yeh seems perfect for you clippers

take pics in app, exit out and go int evernote app, open the pic tag it and upload, job done.
Could do. But better would be to screenshots. Connect iPad, open desktop Evernote app, clip pics around, tag, and have it synched to all your devices organized
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #37
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I have been experimenting with the Evernote app. But then at work today I was out of wifi range and could not access anything, so I don't think this is the solution for me. I thought it would download your data to the device for off-line viewing and then update it when you were back in range, but it seems the Evernote app will not work if you are not on-line. Very disappointing. I would be okay with even read-only and no editing, but I really want something where I can make notes and edit them off a website and have it sync to the iPad for off-line reading later.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #38
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
Could do. But better would be to screenshots. Connect iPad, open desktop Evernote app, clip pics around, tag, and have it synched to all your devices organized
Why connect to desktop?? iPad ever note does all of that.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote