Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-20-2010, 08:13 AM   #1
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Delete collections created with calibre

How can i delete the collections created in the ereader with calibre, when the tags are filled? Because, although I delete the reader with tags, the collections follow appear in the reader.

thanks
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
How can i delete the collections created in the ereader with calibre, when the tags are filled? Because, although I delete the reader with tags, the collections follow appear in the reader.

thanks
No guarantee that I understand your question correctly, but use Calibre as your master library. Use Calibre to delete books in the library and on the device. Make tags on Calibre the way you want them, and then export all books again. Calibre will build the collections. Then the collections should be correct on the device.

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm200 View Post
No guarantee that I understand your question correctly, but use Calibre as your master library. Use Calibre to delete books in the library and on the device. Make tags on Calibre the way you want them, and then export all books again. Calibre will build the collections. Then the collections should be correct on the device.

Robert
I refered when the books with tags are deleted from the ereader the collections don't desapear of the reader. I don't konw if to delete the collections is necesary to delete the book with calibre, but in this case i need the pc to eliminate them, and i want to delete this collections no need pc if it's posible this.
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:29 AM   #4
Pol
Pol began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600SC
I have this issue too. I am selling the eReader and am trying to reset the machine back to factory...or as near as. Can't get the collections to delete. There's not a single book on the reader, but I want the new owner to have a fresh start.

Tried Calibre and there's no way to find the collections in Calibre, they're only showing on the reader itself.

Any ideas?
Pol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:10 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
I have this issue too. I am selling the eReader and am trying to reset the machine back to factory...or as near as. Can't get the collections to delete. There's not a single book on the reader, but I want the new owner to have a fresh start.

Tried Calibre and there's no way to find the collections in Calibre, they're only showing on the reader itself.

Any ideas?
Since your removing all books I think deleting the \\database\cache\media.xml will solve your problem. This file has your history, bookmarks, collections etc...

Of course you could just go to advanced settings and format internal memory. This will give it a clean start.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 02:30 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
I refered when the books with tags are deleted from the ereader the collections don't desapear of the reader. I don't konw if to delete the collections is necesary to delete the book with calibre, but in this case i need the pc to eliminate them, and i want to delete this collections no need pc if it's posible this.
I use only Calibre and once I have a collection that is empty, because I've deleted all the books, just connecting it to the computer when Calibre is open (or sending any book) clears the empty collections.

The following is more drastic but should work.

1. Delete all books from the device.
2. Deleting the media.xml file (\\database\cache\) (will remove all bookmarks, history and collections).
3. Use Calibre to transfer the books back to the device will give you a fresh set of collections.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:53 AM   #7
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
There is, of course, also the fallback option of using the Sony Library software to delete unwanted collections.
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:22 AM   #8
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Formatting the internal memory (from the PRS Utilities menu) must be the best way to achieve this without any danger of leaving anything behind.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote