Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
cstromme
cstromme began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Reader Library doesn't appear to work under OS X?

So I just installed the Reader Library software for the first time here, I've always just used my 505 as a usb-drive and dropped the files there manually.

Installed 3.1 but upon restart the app starts but shows now window, nor are there any menus available in the menubar. Anybody else here experienced this, or have heard of others with the same problem? I even tried reinstalling again, but that didn't help. And to quit the app I have to do a force quit.

I'm on Snow Leopard here.

Oh, and why is there a kernel extension for the app? Is this some kind of rootkit thing?
cstromme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
cstromme
cstromme began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Anybody?
cstromme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
nrs107
nrs107 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm having the same issue

Mac Mini, running OS X 10.6.2 Sony Reader Library 3.1 launches, but doesn't fully start running -- displays no application window, and many menu options missing.

I've installed Reader Library 3.1 on other Snow Leopard machines, and it works fine. I'm scratching my head on this one...
nrs107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:34 AM   #4
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
It took me ages to get it to work.
I eventually had to manually remove all references to the previous Sony Reader software version. Just trashing the app doesn't remove all the files.

Once I did that, and then downloaded and re-installed. The app worked, though as in a previous post it seemed to take a long time before it recognised I had a reader as it kept asking me to register. (That might be a server issue though as it is the Holiday season ?).

Anyway, the Sony reader, V3.1 on Mac OSX10.6.2 is now working for me.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
nrs107
nrs107 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yeah, I just got it working by following the manual deletion steps in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59980

In a nutshell:

sudo /Library/Reader Library/uninstall-ReaderLibrary.sh
rm -rf /Users/(yourname)/Library/Preferences/Sony Corporation
rm -rf /Users/(yourname)/Library/Preferences/fsk
rm -rf /Users/(yourname)/Library/Preferences/Marlin

then reboot, and re-install the Reader Library software.
nrs107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 05:17 AM   #6
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Glad it's working now. They don't make it easy do they.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote