Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-30-2017, 12:51 PM   #1846
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Link isn't working for me. Not even on my Samsung phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Looks like Amazon pulled it. No idea why it's coming up as an error page. I couldn't find any other free Whispersync versions. This selection has been free since the end of July. I struck the entry.

It could be the end of this free program:
If you're really still interested in the free audiobook, you can get another matching Kindle book here. Kindle is $0.99 but the matching Audible is still $0. It looks as if Amazon pulled the original Kindle version that was free, hence the 404dog.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:19 PM   #1847
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Fabric of the Cosmos, right? I've watched it 3 times - he's a great narrator.

He also has an excellent introduction to relativity at World Science U.
Actually, NOVA ran The Elegant Universe first. I don't believe I've seen The Fabric of the Cosmos, but I'll have to check it out now that you've made me aware of it's existence.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2017, 01:22 PM   #1848
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Looks like Amazon pulled it. No idea why it's coming up as an error page. I couldn't find any other free Whispersync versions. This selection has been free since the end of July. I struck the entry.

It could be the end of this free program:
When I went back, I noticed that Amazon said the error was on their end. Now they're just saying that the page was not found.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:40 PM   #1849
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
If you're really still interested in the free audiobook, you can get another matching Kindle book here. Kindle is $0.99 but the matching Audible is still $0. It looks as if Amazon pulled the original Kindle version that was free, hence the 404dog.
Thanks. Got it. Interestingly, I already had the audiobook in my TBH queue. It must have come up as a Daily Deal. Thanks to those accursed deals my To Be Heard list is now (including the book I'm currently hearing) 86 books long. I've been better about resisting the urge to hit the BUY button lately which is good because I'm just now up to books bought before August 29, 2016 in hearing them.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:43 PM   #1850
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Thanks. Got it. Interestingly, I already had the audiobook in my TBH queue. It must have come up as a Daily Deal. Thanks to those accursed deals my To Be Heard list is now (including the book I'm currently hearing) 86 books long. I've been better about resisting the urge to hit the BUY button lately which is good because I'm just now up to books bought before August 29, 2016 in hearing them.
Just my Audible TBH pile is currently at 140. It's unfortunate that my mouse-finger is faster than my ear. That and I'm too good at finding the freebies.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2017, 02:39 PM   #1851
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible -- exp unknown
Quote:
Yaran Blackencloak, a bard with bad luck and a poor reputation, is ripped violently from his mundane existence when he is tempted into the service of a demon goddess. He gets more than he bargains for, though, for when Yaran tries to return to the life he knew, he finds it permanently, tragically changed.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-30-2017 at 02:50 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 03:47 PM   #1852
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Actually, NOVA ran The Elegant Universe first. I don't believe I've seen The Fabric of the Cosmos, but I'll have to check it out now that you've made me aware of it's existence.
It was on Prime last year but seems to be gone now.

I don't think I've seen Elegant Universe - I'll keep an eye out for it...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:14 AM   #1853
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 01 Oct

* Like a Virgin: Secrets They Won't Teach You in Business School
Old 10-01-2017, 02:58 AM   #1854
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

ChristianAudio -- Monthly Offers -- exp 31 Oct
  • FREE -- The Whole Christ -- Sinclair Ferguson/ Derek Perkins --> 7.3 hrs --> religion
Quote:
The Whole Christ: Legalism, Antinomianism, and Gospel Assurance - Why the Marrow Controversy Still Matters

Since the days of the early church, Christians have struggled to understand the relationship between two seemingly contradictory concepts in the Bible: law and gospel. If, as the apostle Paul says, the law cannot save, what can it do? Is it merely an ancient relic from Old Testament Israel to be discarded? Or is it still valuable for Christians today? Helping modern Christians think through this complex issue, seasoned pastor and theologian Sinclair Ferguson carefully leads readers to rediscover an eighteenth-century debate that sheds light on this present-day doctrinal conundrum: the Marrow Controversy. After sketching the history of the debate, Ferguson moves on to discuss the theology itself, acting as a wise guide for walking the path between legalism (overemphasis on the law) on the one side and antinomianism (wholesale rejection of the law) on the other.
Other Related Audiobooks - $4.98 Each!
Old 10-01-2017, 03:18 AM   #1855
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Tantor Media -- Monthly Offer -- exp 31 Oct
Quote:
* includes free PDF ebook

Short Synopsis
The first modern tale of alien invasion, H. G. Wells's story of tentacled Martians attacking the Earth remains one of the most influential of all science fiction works.

Full Synopsis
First published by H. G. Wells in 1898, The War of the Worlds is the granddaddy of all alien invasion stories. The novel begins ominously, as the lone voice of a narrator intones, "No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's."

Things then progress from a series of seemingly mundane reports about odd atmospheric disturbances taking place on Mars to the arrival of Martians just outside of London. At first, the Martians seem laughable, hardly able to move in Earth's comparatively heavy gravity, even enough to raise themselves out of the pit created when their spaceship landed. But soon the Martians reveal their true nature as death machines 100 feet tall rise up from the pit and begin laying waste to the surrounding land. Wells quickly moves the story from the countryside to the evacuation of London itself and the loss of all hope as England's military suffers defeat after defeat. With horror, the narrator describes how the Martians suck the blood from living humans for sustenance and how it's clear that man is not being conquered so much as corralled.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-01-2017 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:47 AM   #1856
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 01 Oct

* The Pug List: A Ridiculous Little Dog, a Family Who Lost Everything, and How They All Found Their Way Home

* Lincoln at Cooper Union: The Speech That Made Abraham Lincoln President
Old 10-01-2017, 10:32 AM   #1857
socnsum1
reader
socnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Ipad Air
with the Tantor audiobook freebie I am getting an error message when trying to purchase it. It is saying ERR01005 exception when trying to add upsert customer to Newsuite.

I have also tried the purchase in another browser without adblocking. Any ideas why this is happening and what it means? I have tweeted Tantor to ask them but they haven't replied.
socnsum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:36 AM   #1858
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by socnsum1 View Post
with the Tantor audiobook freebie I am getting an error message when trying to purchase it. It is saying ERR01005 exception when trying to add upsert customer to Newsuite.

I have also tried the purchase in another browser without adblocking. Any ideas why this is happening and what it means? I have tweeted Tantor to ask them but they haven't replied.
I got the same error message. I figured it would be fixed at some point; I'll try again in a few days.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:43 AM   #1859
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I got the same error message. I figured it would be fixed at some point; I'll try again in a few days.
Me too.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #1860
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by socnsum1 View Post

I just tried it and get the same error. No idea why it's happening. Let us know if they respond.