Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-07-2008, 06:45 AM   #16
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovejadolly View Post
Thanks a lot for your work, porkupan.
I have applied the patch of the clock, shutdown, ... to the new firmware.
Do I need to reinstall the firmware to apply this translation patch?
The localization patch has the clock and shutdown on long Enter. All you need to do is install the localization patch.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:48 AM   #17
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcio View Post
porkupan - is it possible to add polish localization? I can translate everything in the next couple days and post it for you
If you translate everything, I'll try to find time to add polish locale. I believe you will need the Cyrillic-enabled fonts for that as the default fonts don't support Latin-based East-European symbols either.
Advert
Old 08-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #18
ovejadolly
ovejadolly began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Patch installed succesfully and menus translated into spanish.
I have put a link on your patch at a Spanish forum.I hope that you consider it appropriate.
Regards.
ovejadolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #19
porkupan
Fanatic

Quote:
I have put a link on your patch at a Spanish forum.I hope that you consider it appropriate.
Glad I could help.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:13 AM   #20
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
The localization patch has the clock and shutdown on long Enter. All you need to do is install the localization patch.
Hello Porkupan,

How come don't we need to reinstall the FW update?
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2008, 11:00 AM   #21
porkupan
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peto View Post
How come don't we need to reinstall the FW update?
You should only need to install the Sony FW update if you are not yet on 1.1.00.18040. Or if the Universal Flasher can't update/flash your firmware for some reason.

U.F. only updates (replaces) the files you provide with it. All the other files already in the system stay there. That's why if you loaded your own customized png file or something, your file will not be replaced by the U.F. unless you provide a new version of that file.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:09 PM   #22
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Quote:
You should only need to install the Sony FW update if you are not yet on 1.1.00.18040. Or if the Universal Flasher can't update/flash your firmware for some reason.

U.F. only updates (replaces) the files you provide with it. All the other files already in the system stay there. That's why if you loaded your own customized png file or something, your file will not be replaced by the U.F. unless you provide a new version of that file.
Ok, thanks
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:26 AM   #23
lipcio
lipcio began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
If you translate everything, I'll try to find time to add polish locale.
after debating for couple days on polish forum we decided that this is it
thanks

------------------------ The list follows --------------------------------
// Tytuły
"Książki wg tytułów"
"Książki wg autorów"
"Książki wg daty"
"Kolekcje"
"Wszystkie zakładki"
"Muzyka"
"Zdjęcia"
"Ustawienia"
"Historia"
"Zakładki"
"Spis treści"
"Narzędzia"
"Zaawansowane ustawienia"
"Układ strony"
"Data i czas"
"Pokaz slajdów"
"Tryb uśpienia"
"Info"
"Ustawienia fabryczne"
"Zablokuj czytnik"
"Format pamięci wewnętrznej"
"Wyłącz czytnik"

// Menu główne
"Ostatnio czytane"
"Książki wg tytułów"
"Książki wg autorów"
"Książki wg daty"
"Kolekcje"
"Wszystkie Zakładki"
"Aktualnie odtwarzane"
"Muzyka"
"Zdjęcia"
"Ustawienia"
"Historia"
"Zakładki"
"Spis treści"
"Narzędzia"
"Zaawansowane ustawienia"
"Układ strony"
"Data i czas"
"Pokaz slajdów"
"Tryb uśpienia"
"Info"
"Ustawienia fabryczne"
"Zablokuj czytnik"
"Wyłącz czytnik"
"Początek"
"Koniec"
"Info"
"Usuń wszystkie zakładki"
"Wyczyść historię"
"Skasuj książkę"
"Inne"
"Dzisiaj"
"Wcześniej w tym tygodniu"
"W poprzednim tygodniu"
"Wcześniej w tym miesiącu"
"W poprzednim miesiącu"
"Wcześniej w tym kwartale"
"W poprzednim kwartale"
"Wcześniej w tym roku"
"W poprzednim roku"
"Starsze"
"Brak strony"
"Brak pozycji"
"Brak utworu"
"Brak zakładki"
"Brak książek"
"Brak kolekcji"
"Brak zdjęć"
"Brak narzędzi"
"1 strona"
"1 pozycja"
"1 utwór"
"1 zakładka"
"1 książka"
"1 kolekcja"
"1 zdjęcie"
"1 narzędzie"
"stron: N"
"pozycji: N"
"utworów: N"
"zakładek: N"
"książek: N"
"kolekcji: N"
"zdjęć: N"
"narzędzi: N"
"Inne"
"Pionowo"
"Poziomo"
"Wyłącz"
"Włącz"

// Różne
"Wyłącz czytnik"
"Info"
"X z Y"
"1 z 1"
"Skasuj książkę"
"Ustawienia fabryczne"
"Aktualnie odtwarzane"
"STRONA"
"Niski poziom baterii!"
"Formatowanie..."
"Wczytywanie..."

// USB
"USB podłączone"
"Nie odłączaj czytnika"
"Czytnik zablokowany"
lipcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #24
porkupan
Fanatic

Well, here is the update that in addition to the above mentioned languages includes Polish. This U.F. update can be applied to PRS-505 firmware version 1.1.00.18040, or PRS-500 firmware version 1.0.03.07170.

The one problem I had was that I am pretty sure in Polish, like in Russian, the counted nouns may have different forms depending on the number:

1 книга
2 книги
5 книг
12 книг
21 книга
22 книги
25 книг

But I don't know Polish, so I couldn't make adjustments for that, like I could do for Russian. If you know a little bit of JavaScript, you are welcome to fix the main.xml and post the fix, if you wish.

I believe you will need Cyrillic-enabled fonts to display Polish specific (and other East European) characters, which are not present in the default Reader fonts. So, it may be better to load the full image (using the image update package from my thread in the Russian eBook forum or U.F. - the attached version is fixed to enable proper loading of ready-made images: option 4, then 6). If you already have the Russian fonts on your Reader, all you need to do is apply the U.F. update attached here.

If you have PRS-505, make sure you upgrade to 1.1.00.18040 (with Sony updater) before you try to apply my image.

Aug. 13 UPDATE: The attachment now has the proper Polish counted nouns. Thanks, moriakaice!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Localize_Reader_En_Fr_Es_De_Ru_Pl.zip (229.4 KB, 515 views)

Last edited by porkupan; 08-13-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:07 AM   #25
moriakaice
Memento Mori
moriakaice began at the beginning.

Device: eClicto, iPad WiFi, Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
The one problem I had was that I am pretty sure in Polish, like in Russian, the counted nouns may have different forms depending on the number:

1 книга
2 книги
5 книг
12 книг
21 книга
22 книги
25 книг

But I don't know Polish, so I couldn't make adjustments for that, like I could do for Russian. If you know a little bit of JavaScript, you are welcome to fix the main.xml and post the fix, if you wish.
When refering to Russian as example, you mean the 1400-1550 lines from main.xml, yes? And 2330-2400 for current Polish version? Well, I think I can try to do it.

EDIT: After fast manual try at thinking what ranges we'll have to cover, I'm pretty positive we'll have three versions: first for 1, second for 2 to 4 and third for 5 till the end I'll try to get the whole JS code for you.

Last edited by moriakaice; 08-13-2008 at 07:19 AM.
moriakaice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #26
moriakaice
Memento Mori

Version 0.2 beta aka forever beta Google style (no really, have you seen them ever moving from beta to final release with anything?).

Lines from to should be changed with this:
Code:
default:
	var resultInt;
	if( result.lastIndexOf (" ") > 0 )
	{
		resultInt = result.split(" ");
		resultInt = parseInt(resultInt[0]);
	}
	else
	{
		resultInt = 1;
	}

if(result.length> 13 && (result.lastIndexOf ("books - Page") > 0))
	{
		if (resultInt == 1)
			text = result.replace(/books - Page/g,"książka - strona");
		else if ( (resultInt % 10 >= 2 && resultInt %10 <= 4) && (resultInt % 100 > 20 || resultInt % 100 < 10 ) )
			text = result.replace(/books - Page/g,"książki - strona");
		else
			text = result.replace(/books - Page/g,"książek - strona");
		break;
	}
	else if(result.length> 12 && result.lastIndexOf("book - Page")>0)
	{ 
		text = result.replace(/books - Page/g,"książka - strona");
		break; 
	}

else if(result.length> 9 && result.slice(result.length - 8)=="settings")
	{
		if (resultInt == 1)
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 8) + "ustawienie";
		else if ( (resultInt % 10 >= 2 && resultInt %10 <= 4) && (resultInt % 100 > 20 || resultInt % 100 < 10 ) )
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 8) + "ustawienia";
		else
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 8) + "ustawień";
		break;
	}

else if(result.length> 10 && result.slice(result.length - 9)=="bookmarks")
	{
		if (resultInt == 1)
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 9) + "zakładka";
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 9) + "zakładki";
		else
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 9) + "zakładek";
		break;
	}

else if(result.length> 6 && result.slice(result.length - 5)=="pages")
	{
		if (resultInt == 1)
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 5) + "strona";
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 5) + "strony";
		else
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 5) + "stron";
		break;
	}

else if(result.length> 6 && result.slice(result.length - 5)=="songs")
	{
		if (resultInt == 1)
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 5) + "utwór";
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 5) + "utwory";
		else
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 5) + "utworów";
		break;
	}

else if(result.length> 6 && result.slice(result.length - 5)=="books")
	{
		if (resultInt == 1)
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 5) + "książka";
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 5) + "książki";
		else
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 5) + "książek";
		break;
	}

else if(result.length> 12	&&	result.slice(result.length - 11)=="collections")
	{
		if (resultInt == 1)
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 11) + "kolekcja";
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 11) + "kolekcje";
		else
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 11) + "kolekcji";
		break;
	}

else if(result.length> 9	&&	result.slice(result.length - 8)=="pictures")
	{
		if (resultInt == 1)
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 8) + "zdjęcie";
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 8) + "zdjęcia";
		else
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 8) + "zdjęć";
		break;
	}

else if(result.length> 10	&&	result.slice(result.length - 9)=="utilities")
	{
		if (resultInt == 1)
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 9) + "narzędzie";
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 9) + "narzędzia";
		else
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 9) + "narzędzi";
		break;
	}

else if(result.length> 6	&&	result.slice(result.length - 5)=="items")
	{
		if (resultInt == 1)
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 5) + "pozycja";
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 5) + "pozycje";
		else
			text = result.slice(0,result.length - 5) + "pozycji";
		break;
	}

else if(result.length> 5	&&	result.lastIndexOf("Page ")==0)
	{
		if (resultInt == 1)
			text = result.replace(/Page/g,"strona");
			text = result.replace(/Page/g,"strony");
		else
			text = result.replace(/Page/g,"stron");
		break;
	}	

else if (result.charAt(2) == '/' && result.charAt(5) == '/'	&&	(result.length == 16 || result.length == 10))
	{
		text = result.substring (3,5) + "." + result.substring(0,2) + "." + result.substring(6);
	}
	else
	{
		text=result;
	}
Since the intends above have been altered, there are two files included below:
+ polish.js.txt is the Javascript excerpt shown above
+ main.xml should be the proper version with changes included (I hope I've pasted it correctly)

EDIT: Sorry, there's an error. I'll upload the proper version as soon as possible.
EDIT: Ok, proper version released Thanks fly to t3d for correcting me (what a shame I did such a mistake).
Attached Files
File Type: txt polish.js.txt (6.4 KB, 392 views)
File Type: xml main.xml (128.2 KB, 605 views)

Last edited by moriakaice; 08-13-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #27
porkupan
Fanatic

Thanks, Mori!

I updated the attached U.F. archive with the correct JS code (for both the 505 and 500), and also the full image (the link now points to the proper version).

As you can see, it is rather easy to add a language support. For some languages easier, than for the others. I don't know how much more code can you add to the scripts without affecting the performance. So far I haven't noticed any degradation.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:25 PM   #28
moriakaice
Memento Mori

I'm not sure how's the files stored, but maybe you could just support separated translation files - that way if one would like to have it's reader with Polish menu would only use polish.xml, and one who wants Russian - russian.xml. That way you should avoid decreasing performance by having too big xml files.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #29
ovejadolly
ovejadolly began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Porkupan:
To translate to another language I can edit main.xml with a text editor and to substitute the sentences for example in Russian for those of that language?
ovejadolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:45 PM   #30
porkupan
Fanatic

Quote:
Porkupan:
To translate to another language I can edit main.xml with a text editor and to substitute the sentences for example in Russian for those of that language?
Yes, pretty much.