Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: The Sony Reader is available for order. Did you order it already?
Yes! 24 46.15%
No. 28 53.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #136
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane
Got mine.
So, Jane ... what do you think of e-ink now that you've seen it for yourself?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:05 PM   #137
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
You know what the screen looks like to me? When you go the furniture stores and they have those fake computers/laptops? That's exactly what the screen looks like to me. I love the size of it. It's the perfect size. I love the look of it. Very sleek and sophisticated.

I think the navigation is confusing and not very intuitive. I am frustrated at the speed at which it reads the SD card. I loaded some manga up and it takes about 3 secs for a page to page rendering. That seems long to me.

I did start the Italian's Stolen Bride which isn't as bad as I thought it would be

As for the eink technology - I am a bit eh on it. I wish I could make the background more white. That bothers me. But the screen size is marvelous. I think I would rather have an LCD screen in this size than an eink device, but I am going to use it tonight to read a book I have on my IPAQ and see what I think. I've got some old booklights around somewhere.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #138
Melf
Enthusiast
Melf began at the beginning.

Device: TTX, SmartQ7
Quote:
I loaded some manga up and it takes about 3 secs for a page to page rendering. That seems long to me.
Is the manga readable (text size/image quality) with the whole site on display or do you have to use the landscape mode ? Have you tryed non-preprocesed manga (jpegs/pdf) and what is your personal experience with manga reading on reader (i compared the size of the screen to a printed manga and it seems small...) ? Thanks for answer, im considering buying the reader for mostly manga reading, once it becomes available. So any perosnal experince with manga on the reader wil help me to decide
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #139
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
For Manga focused comments you might find Tony Salvaggio's review of interest.

Last edited by NatCh; 10-05-2006 at 04:08 PM.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #140
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

I bought a HQN manga book. It looks to be bad content-wise, but I thought I would use my voucher for something I wouldn't ordinarily buy.

I put the DeathNote on my SD card. Those are the unprocessed pngs that I am using. The entire page is perfectly readable on the ereader. There is obviously no color but those color pages rendered fine in grayscale.

I would say the only frustrating thing is the delay in rendering. I'll upload a small movie, if I can, later tonight and some larger pictures.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:41 PM   #141
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Tomorrow!!! It has gone around the nation but will be here tomorrow!

Last edited by slayda; 07-15-2013 at 01:12 PM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:20 AM   #142
Melf
Enthusiast
Melf began at the beginning.

Device: TTX, SmartQ7
Quote:
I'll upload a small movie, if I can, later tonight and some larger pictures.
Thanks, i will be greatly apreciated !
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:28 AM   #143
da_jane
Evangelist

Melf, I started a new Manga thread in the Sony Reader Content subforum. DH was not pleased with it.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:21 PM   #144
moosejons_dad
Zealot
moosejons_dad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-500 exchanged by Sony for PRS-600, PRS-505,IPAD3,mini
Question on Sony Reader

Can anyone tell me how to delete a book from the Sony Reader? I can delete the book read from the library but not from the Reader itself.

TIA.
moosejons_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:25 PM   #145
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
You need to
1) Run CONNECT software
2) Select Reader in the tree on the left (or select memory card if book is there)
3) Select Book you want to delete from list on the right
4) Right click and select Delete
:-)
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:30 PM   #146
moosejons_dad
Zealot
moosejons_dad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-500 exchanged by Sony for PRS-600, PRS-505,IPAD3,mini
Question on Sony Reader

Thanks for the quick response.
moosejons_dad is offline   Reply With Quote