Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-10-2011, 05:05 AM   #1
malifact
malifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheese

Device: None
Installing Other Dictionaries

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck installing other dictionaries on a rooted PRS-T1? Personally, I'm interested in installing Japanese dictionaries as I sometimes read Japanese e-books. Is it possible to extract the dictionaries from the Japanese firmware? Thank you.
malifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:30 AM   #2
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-T1&KOBOTOUCH
Since you rooted your T1, why not just read japanese books by FBReader or Coolreader?
They both can toggle Colordict, there are many janpanse dictionies for color dict.

The T1 reader's dictionaries are located in /ebook, this is an readonly file system.

Though there are some methods to change it, for example: make your own /ebook image and flash it to T1, or mount -o /sdcard/dictionary/ /ebook/dictionary/, they are risk-full and not so easy as just use FBreader and Coolreader.
xuyn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:10 AM   #3
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by malifact View Post
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck installing other dictionaries on a rooted PRS-T1? Personally, I'm interested in installing Japanese dictionaries as I sometimes read Japanese e-books. Is it possible to extract the dictionaries from the Japanese firmware? Thank you.
Yes, you can install other dicts by putting colordict 3 data files (format .dict) into the dictdata folder found in the root directory of READER drive. I've successfully installed petit robert, collins, cambridge advanced, and other Vietnamese dicts.
add: you can bring up the colordict 3 window in coolreader or fb reader.

Last edited by vietchovui; 12-11-2011 at 02:14 AM.
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
malifact
malifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheese

Device: None
Thanks for the replies. I'm not familiar with the .dict dictionary format. Where do you find or purchase these dictionary files?
malifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #5
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-T1&KOBOTOUCH
http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/

make sure you select stardict format in Other optionbefore you submit the search
xuyn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:49 AM   #6
flameproof
flameproof began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuyn2003 View Post
http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/

make sure you select stardict format in Other optionbefore you submit the search
I checked for 'Chinese > English' - why there are 2 same size files?

Last edited by flameproof; 12-13-2011 at 04:53 AM.
flameproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by malifact View Post
Thanks for the replies. I'm not familiar with the .dict dictionary format. Where do you find or purchase these dictionary files?
Please go to http://www.socialnmobile.com/colordict.html for more info about colordict3. *.dict is one of the supported formats by Colordict 3. You can find alot of free and hacked source files in torrent search websites.
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Hi, i have some questions:
The device must be rooted to install additional colordict files?
the dictionaries are seen by the standard sony reader or only by fbreader or other "rooted" software?
I tried some dictionaries but they are not seen by the sony, maybe I'm using a wrong format
http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/ doesn't work at the moment..
someone has a colordict example dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
Yes, you can install other dicts by putting colordict 3 data files (format .dict) into the dictdata folder found in the root directory of READER drive. I've successfully installed petit robert, collins, cambridge advanced, and other Vietnamese dicts.
m3l7d0wN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

For those who are intersted, I think colordict files of that site can be found on the sourceforge page http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdxf...ict-form-xdxf/
Dictionaries in the prs t1 have the msd format. Adding custom ones would be easy (just change the fstab to mount the sdcard as stated above). The problem is that msd is not correctly decoded (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=106178&page=3)
Old 01-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #10
pietro
Enthusiast
pietro began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1, kobo auraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
Hi
vietchovui

when you say you installed other dictionaries (pti robert, oed etc.) you mean that after you installed them they work like the built-in dictionary, that is words can be looked up by tapping on the screen while you are reading books in French or English, respectively?

Thanks for the advice.

Pietro
pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:07 AM   #11
m3l7d0wN
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietro View Post
Hi
vietchovui

when you say you installed other dictionaries (pti robert, oed etc.) you mean that after you installed them they work like the built-in dictionary, that is words can be looked up by tapping on the screen while you are reading books in French or English, respectively?

Thanks for the advice.

Pietro
They don't work with the built in dictionary. They will work with other apps (fbreader, coolreader) after rooting the reader