Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
Dibblah
Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle 3
Automated update just applied

Hi all,

Without any user interaction, my Kindle just appears to have started to apply an update. It's now been through the "Software Update" progress screen twice.

Will update with versions if it ever comes back up.

Cheers,

Allan.
Dibblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So what version firmware are you running now?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
Dibblah
Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle 3
It took a long, long time to apply the update and reboot but appears to have come back up OK.

Kindle 3.0.1 (525120101)

Cheers,

Allan.
Dibblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #4
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
3.0.1 started to be pushed out to all Kindle 3 owners the other day so it is that. The rebooting and two update bars is normal.

Amazon CS are working on 3.0.2 but that isn't a general update yet.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #5
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
3.0.1 started to be pushed out to all Kindle 3 owners the other day so it is that. The rebooting and two update bars is normal.

Amazon CS are working on 3.0.2 but that isn't a general update yet.
Any hints on what is supposed to be in 3.0.2?

My K3 suddenly when off on a tangent yesterday and updated itself to 3.0.1 (which did take a suprisingly long time) but I wasn't one of the people having problems before the update so haven't noticed any difference.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I give. How do I check my firmware release number. I just searched for it and couldn't find it.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
I give. How do I check my firmware release number. I just searched for it and couldn't find it.
Menu -> Settings and then look at the bottom.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Menu -> Settings and then look at the bottom.
Doh!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #9
jangell2
Addict

Does the Kindle use 3G for the updates?
Old 09-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you have a 3G Kindle, yes, it does.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #11
Tiersten
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Any hints on what is supposed to be in 3.0.2?
Supposed to do something about slow page refresh.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
Esquire1
Banned
Esquire1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 wifi; PRS-500 (gone); iPad NOT for reading e-books ;)
My K3 was just delivered two hours ago. I logged into my wifi network, and after a bit, the option for an update appeared.
Esquire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #13
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Are there any new features in this update?

I just received my push, but if I recall it correctly this was an update for those who had freezing problems. But they still might have included feature updates. If that happens do they normally include a file with information?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #14
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Supposed to do something about slow page refresh.
Slow page refresh??
It just struck me today that the superfast page-turning of the Kindle 3 is one of the most obvious improvements I've noticed over other ereaders I know. Page turn is near-instantaneous, so fast that the black-out can't possibly annoy me anymore.

Or is it that certain devices had problems with that?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #15
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Are there any new features in this update?

I just received my push, but if I recall it correctly this was an update for those who had freezing problems. But they still might have included feature updates. If that happens do they normally include a file with information?
Actually this is an update for all K3s. One new feature is the ability to create an Amazon account from the Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529700

Last edited by Skydog; 09-14-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Link added
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote