Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
pda_junkie
Enthusiast
pda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watch

Device: Pocketbook 360, Kobo Glo
Newbie to editing opf file

I have a bunch of lit books that are missing the author when I open them up in MS Reader and it's starting to bug me enough that I'm going to try to do something about it.

I know I'm supposed to edit this in the opf file so I used ConvertLit to break out my lit file, opened my opf file using Notepad and really have no idea what to do with the file from there on. I did a search on google but couldn't find much info, if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
pda_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You'd need Reader Works Publisher to put them back together into LIT's IIRC. Probably easier to load them into Calibre and change the meta data there.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
pda_junkie
Enthusiast
pda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watch

Device: Pocketbook 360, Kobo Glo
That part puzzles me, I do have Calibre and even after updating the meta data to show the author, when I load the file in MS Reader the author is still missing on the cover page and in the library view.
pda_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote