Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
techie_007
Enthusiast
techie_007 is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Angry Calibre - Very high RAM Usage?

Ok, so right now I got calibre connected to my PRS-505, doing nothing, but still using 464 Mb of RAM!!!!

Is this normal? Doesnt really encourage me to keep it running in the background!

EDIT: Ok, so I restarted Calibre and now its down to 94Mb (+ 4 parallel processes of 18Mb each) . Seems the program is not cleaning up/freeing memory after performing operations like importing RSS feeds etc?

Last edited by techie_007; 12-25-2009 at 05:47 PM.
techie_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What version of calibre are you using? There were various mem leaks in older releases, but they were all fixed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 02:21 AM   #3
techie_007
Enthusiast
techie_007 is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
What version of calibre are you using? There were various mem leaks in older releases, but they were all fixed.
On 0.6.29.
Maybe some got missed?
techie_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not that I know of, I typically run calibre for days without its mem usage spiking. Can you try to isolate what operations cause leaks? And what OS are you on?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote