Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #16
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I think when she realizes she can subscribe to her local paper, then go to Florida and wake up every morning to find it has been auto-delivered to her to read over breakfast, that might change her mind. But we'll see.
I'll bet you're right. Getting the NYTimes blog updated all day on my Kindle 2 has been an unexpected thrill. You get the latest headlines right away.
TC Beacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #17
squeaky
squeaky began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm puzzled. I purchased a Kindle DX for my mother and it's not registered to me.

I had the Kindle DX delivered to her address, not mine.

Last edited by squeaky; 12-26-2009 at 05:39 PM.
squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 06:18 AM   #18
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeaky View Post
I'm puzzled. I purchased a Kindle DX for my mother and it's not registered to me.
Who is it registered to?

If your mother, then there's no problem.

If no-one, she can just go ahead and register it to herself.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #19
squeaky

I was responding to the statements below. I, too, purchased a Kindle for my mother and it was not registered to me so there was no deregistering to do.

Quote:
I don't have a Kindle, but I bought one for my mother. When it was sent it was already registered to me. They sent me an email telling me how to deregister it if it was a gift. I did, and when my mother opened it, it was ready for her to register it to her Amazon account.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:10 AM   #20
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Apologies, Squeeky. I misunderstood your message.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #21
squeaky

Not to worry.