Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-22-2008, 02:21 PM   #1
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Anything like GebLibrarian that can combine HTML pages in other formats?

I love, love, love my Reb1200 but know someday I will be lured to a newer, lighter weight device. Never mind that I live for back-lighted reading.

The problem I have looking into the future is that I an unaware of any current software that will do what the GebLibrarian does so well. I can save Web page after Web page and then combine them all into one neat little file then move them to my reader. Many stories can be 2, 3, 4 - 30 Web pages long and it's a PIA to manually combine them. Since I will be leaving .IMP files for something else, I want to know I can still combine HTML pages before I change devices. I do purchase ebooks but as a huge Uber-Xena fanfic reader, I also read a lot of online-only stories on my 1200.

Anything I can look forward to or am I stuck for the foreseeable future?
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
web2lrf, html2lrf and the soon to be forthcoming html2epub all do this (all part of calibre). See also the BookIt firefox extension.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
web2lrf, html2lrf and the soon to be forthcoming html2epub all do this (all part of calibre). See also the BookIt firefox extension.
I'll do more testing. I DO have calibre on my laptop and tried it but I guess I need to actually read a how-to doc. I also use Firefox so I'll look into that as well.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 08-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
in the gui you have to put all the HTML files into a zip file. on the command line html2lrf filename.html should just work
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #5
Katelyn
Addict

Thumbs up

I took the plunge today and purchased a Sony 505. I'll keep my Reb1200 and Geb1150s around for awhile...just because.

I was able to get Calibre working and am still going through a slight learning curve with formatting my existing files to transfer to the Sony. Unfortunately, I have a couple Mobi files that must be DRMed so they won't convert but for the most part, it's going swimmingly.

Thanks for your help!

Katelyn
Advert
Old 08-27-2008, 07:26 AM   #6
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
There is a way to dedrm/undrm mobi files. Look here.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote