Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Improved the case by cutting a hole

There have been so many threads on the case, thought would start a new one because of a slightly different twist.

I use the piece of Velcro on the lower right corner to hold the device in, and it works very well, except the stuff is so strong it takes some effort to pull it apart. Although I can pull open the upper right corner to get at the switches, it is a tight fit getting my finger in. So, I thought an opening in the back would be nice.

I tried to cut one with a knife, but that leather is really tough, so took it to a shoemaker this morning. He cut a nice square hole, and then stitched up the edges, so it looks fine.

Now, at last, can use those switches without muttering and cussing. Cost $8, but well worth it.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
Pics?
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonunit View Post
Pics?
OK, OK, sorry about that. Here are a couple of pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0244.JPG
Views:	492
Size:	478.4 KB
ID:	11274   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0246.JPG
Views:	458
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	11275  
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
We used a very small piece of velcro, works great
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote