Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Anyone having trouble installing apps from the Amazon app store?

Is anyone else experiencing issues installing apps from the Amazon app store? My wife and I both picked up 16 GB Nook Tablets for Christmas last year and loved them. These were our first foray out of the eink ereader realm and we were immediately hooked. Skip ahead a year and I think I'm going to pick up the new Nook HD+ and she has already picked up a new Kindle Fire HD 8.9".

She likes everything about her new toy with the exception of what a pain it is to install apps from the Amazon app store. She can connect to the store and search through the apps with no problems. It's just when she goes to install an app that everything bogs down and the little circular, rotating, "I'm working" icon appears and then it just hangs there. Forever. Eventually an error pops up and she'll have to try again. She'll have to try this two or three times, often with a reboot or two thrown in for good measure, for every single app she wants to install.

It doesn't appear to be a connection issue. She can browse the Internet just fine, and quickly. She's tried from home, from our local public library, from a local McDonald's and from a local Starbuck's. She's had the same results everywhere she's tried.

We're hopeful it's just a bad Kindle Fire and exchanging it for another will fix the problem. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced an issue like this or if it is something common to the Kindle Fire.

Any information or assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Not ALL apps even from Amazon are for the Fire. & they will not work! Most wont load. If i send them direct from my computer they simply say they are Not Compatible. But from the site to fire they spin & spin & spin.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, these fairly basic apps that are known to be compatible. Still, thanks for the suggestion.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
App site notice required

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
Well, these fairly basic apps that are known to be compatible. Still, thanks for the suggestion.
On the App site there must be a notice saying it is compatible with your specific Fire model. If its not there, it won't work.

Also, one must have WiFi enabled when looking at available apps on the cloud.

Do a long press and tap download.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
bfollowell
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
On the App site there must be a notice saying it is compatible with your specific Fire model. If its not there, it won't work.

Also, one must have WiFi enabled when looking at available apps on the cloud.

Do a long press and tap download.
Thanks for the suggestion. I know everyone looks at the simple, idiot mistakes, but trust me, wi-fi is on. I did mention that there is no problem with web browsing.

I did speak with my wife again though. I was mistaken on what exactly the issue was. I thought the issue was installing apps. The issue is actually with loading the app store. Take my original problem and replace it with "the app store won't load" and you pretty much have the problem.

- Byron
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
hyfidel
hyfidel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Amazon support

It's not normal to ask you to login every time. Contact amazon directly

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200212360
hyfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
bfollowell
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfidel View Post
It's not normal to ask you to login every time. Contact amazon directly

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200212360
Thanks, but I don't recall saying anything about it asking us to log in every time.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Parental controls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I know everyone looks at the simple, idiot mistakes, but trust me, wi-fi is on. I did mention that there is no problem with web browsing.

I did speak with my wife again though. I was mistaken on what exactly the issue was. I thought the issue was installing apps. The issue is actually with loading the app store. Take my original problem and replace it with "the app store won't load" and you pretty much have the problem.

- Byron
If you have Parental Controls on, you may not be able to download any apps from the Kindle Fire HD. It depends how you set them up.

I have Parental Controls on only to prevent accidental purchases. Thus, I must purchase my apps at the Amazon web site with my PC and then send them to my Kindle Fire HD. It cannot be done from my Fire. You must send them from the MYK page under your account.

Even to buy eBooks, I must enter the PIN on the Fire.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #9
bfollowell
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I have Parental Controls on only to prevent accidental purchases. Thus, I must purchase my apps at the Amazon web site with my PC and then send them to my Kindle Fire HD. It cannot be done from my Fire. You must send them from the MYK page under your account.

Even to buy eBooks, I must enter the PIN on the Fire.
But do does that mean you can't load the app store on your Kindle Fire HD? Does yours sit there with the little swirly icon until it faults out and say there was an error loading the app store? If so, that seems like a very strange way to have the device setup. I really don't think that's related to our issue but thanks.

Again, the main issue is that the app store will not load. I was mistaken on it being able to install apps. The problem is just getting the store to load, period.

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I would try clearing the data on app store app if you have restarted the tablet and that didn't fix it then Clearing the data is the next step. I don't have a HD but am pretty familiar with Android and the KFv1. If that doesn't work a factory reset is in order and if that doesn't fix it. You got a defective device and time to call Kindle Support.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
I would contact Amazon and let them know they are missing out on purchases. That will get their butts in gear!
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote