Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #151
Brisen
Brisen began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch, arc, mini
I know this isn't quite what you're looking for, but I use Zoodles when I let my kids use my Arc. If you add a browser, you can't pin anything to the tapestries, but you can save bookmarks within the browser. I'm sure there are other kid safety-mode apps you could try out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreib View Post
Hi,

Maybe this is not something very common, but I would really appreciate a feature to lock the configuration of the tapestries (create/delete/rename of tapestry, reposition/delete of pinned items) and allow only pinning new content.

My Arc is being used by several persons, younger and older, and at the end of the day I find new tapestries added or merged by mistake, items moved arround, etc.

Or maybe this will be solved by getting multiple user accounts support with a Jelly Bean integration
Brisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #152
twoboxingfiend
twoboxingfiend began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
I love the display on the ARC, but is there a way to preserve side loaded epubs? My daughter uses the TTS feature from Moon+ when she's using my arc, but if i was to import books within the kobo app, it converts it away from the epub.
twoboxingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #153
Pepsilover
Pepsilover began at the beginning.

Apps/Widgets shut down and sometimes Arc restarts

Hi
I was wondering if anyone was having trouble with their Arc shutting down in the middle of using Apps, like Facebook.
Sometimes it will spontaneously just restart.
It was a Christmas gift and of course this started happening after I had it for 30 days and could return it to the store.

Thanks
D
Pepsilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #154
kiki_kiwi22
kiki_kiwi22 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
free epub to kobo arc

not sure if this has been asked yet...

i have recently downloaded some epub format books (for free) from a site and i had put them on a memory card and then put them on my wifi kobo. since there is no memory card slot on the arc, is there a way to get these free downloads on the arc?
kiki_kiwi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #155
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Pepsilover - appened to me a couple of times. Just one of those things you have to deal with when using a tablet.

kiki - copy the books from your card to your computer and then hook up your Arc to the computer and copy the books somewhere (the Downloads directory would probably be best so that the Kobo or other reading app can find it easily) like you would with any other media. Or just go to that site while on your Arc and download them again, of course.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #156
brashley46
brashley46 doesn't litterbrashley46 doesn't litter

Device: Samsun Galaxy Tab E
How to disable "TopApps" popup

My wife is reading along on her new kobo Arc and all of a sudden she's getting a Top Apps popup ... how can we disable this without just going off wifi? It interferes with her reading.
brashley46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #157
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brashley46 View Post
My wife is reading along on her new kobo Arc and all of a sudden she's getting a Top Apps popup ... how can we disable this without just going off wifi? It interferes with her reading.
No idea and I'm glad I don't use my Arc for reading books... (hard on the eyes and the Kobo Android app is garbage when it comes to reading & formatting options)
Old 02-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #158
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
I read plenty on my Arc with wifi on and I've never seen this. Is it something she may have inadvertently istalled?
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #159
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
as Rarebird said sounds like an app you've installed misbehaving
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #160
ns_angela
ns_angela began at the beginning.

I read on my Arc with wifi on and never get popups.

JDGumpy - if Kobo app is such 'garbage' for reading..what do you use that is better? But then you said you don't read on the Arc...
ns_angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #161
Deecos
Deecos began at the beginning.

Smile Thanks Skynet

[QUOTE=Skynet_Italy;2369696]During some tests with the configuration of wifi i found some of the limitations in Kobo Arc.

The Kobo Arc ( my) has a connection stable with the router only on channel 1.
The connection on channels 2 and 3 is unstable while on all the other is impossible.
This might be the reason here some unable to have a good wifi.
As proof you should set the ruter on channel 1 and not automatic.

My shiny new Arc was delivered this morning but I was ground to a halt within minutes on the Connect to wifi screen. Thanks to ur advice I've managed to find my wifi on channel 1 and am back in bueiness.
Deecos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #162
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns_angela View Post
I read on my Arc with wifi on and never get popups.

JDGumpy - if Kobo app is such 'garbage' for reading..what do you use that is better? But then you said you don't read on the Arc...
The Kobo app has no settings for margins (half-inch or more margins are very wasteful) or spacing (so far less text on the page), no font control beyond sizing (so no weighting or sharpening the fonts), no choice of fonts beyond serif/sans serif/publisher's default (and you can't add any of your own), and no justification control... All very important features for reading - and all of which can be done on Kobo's e-ink devices.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #163
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
open the browser go into settings click advanced and check that block popups is checked
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #164
Skynet_Italy
Skynet_Italy began at the beginning.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deecos

My shiny new Arc was delivered this morning but I was ground to a halt within minutes on the Connect to wifi screen. Thanks to ur advice I've managed to find my wifi on channel 1 and am back in bueiness.

I am happy that you've been useful

i can know the router model that uses ?

I use a Netgear router.

If you want the ability to use all channels try to reduce the maximum speed of the router.

Last edited by Skynet_Italy; 02-15-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Skynet_Italy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #165
brashley46
brashley46 doesn't litterbrashley46 doesn't litter

Device: Samsun Galaxy Tab E
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevov View Post
open the browser go into settings click advanced and check that block popups is checked
Already done that ...
brashley46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ama, developers corner, kobo arc