Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #3196
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Another test version with changes from doe5716, this time adding support for the site http://tolkienfanfiction.com. Thanks, doe5716!

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-03-2014 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 08-02-2014, 10:14 AM   #3197
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I forgot the sites yesterday

http://www.sinister-attraction.net/attract.htm

and

http://allaboutspike.com/
Advert
Old 08-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #3198
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://www.sinister-attraction.net/attract.htm - It's own story system, one that looks at first glance to be difficult to parse at best, and most recent update appears to have been in 2004.

http://allaboutspike.com/ - Again, it's own story system, one perhaps not quite as bad as sinister-attraction, and most recent update in early 2006.

And both sites are officially closed to new stories. By our usual standards, these are very poor candidates.

I'm not interested in writing code to support them myself, but I will accept it into the project if somebody else does.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #3199
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version with all of the previous test changes plus a fix for an obscure bug with series/anthology creation.

And a new feature to not include ' by author' in the comment field of anthology books when only one author.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-04-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 08-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #3200
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 2.0.1 - 04 Aug 2014
  • New German language site bdsm-geschichten.net, thanks to doe5716.
  • New site tolkienfanfiction.com, thanks to doe5716.
  • Add other languages for literotica.com, thanks to doe5716.
  • Fixes for bloodshedverse & spikelover having html tags in title, etc.
  • Fix for non-split list replace_metadata.
  • Fix for anthology books, don't put author in default anthology comments if only one author.
  • Fix to plugin identifiers:"~ur(i|l)..." search string for finding existing books.
  • Known problem: Password protected FimFiction.net stories aren't working. FimF changed API access.
  • Known problem: specific metadata 'eroticatags' for literotica.com doesn't work on all stories.
Advert
Old 08-05-2014, 01:20 AM   #3201
Depletion
Pelican
Depletion began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 2013
I have a small issue. For fanfiction without covers, I put in a placeholder picture to help signify what the story might be. Calibre recognizes them and shows the pictures as covers, but Google Books does not. Any idea what might be causing it, and what might fix it?
Like I said, it's a very small issue but since Google books sorts by covers, it would be a bit of a convenience.

I'd also like to thank Jimm and everyone for continued maintenance and improvements of this plugin. Before I started using it, it took so long to sort, find, and download the epub files and load them into Calibre. (Not to mention before I had Calibre I was averaging ~5k words a week reading from my computer, as opposed to my current ~15k a day with my nexus and Calibre to sort everything ). But I just wanted to say thanks for all the work you guys have put into it so that I can spend more time reading, it's definitely appreciated.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #3202
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depletion View Post
I have a small issue. For fanfiction without covers, I put in a placeholder picture to help signify what the story might be. Calibre recognizes them and shows the pictures as covers, but Google Books does not. Any idea what might be causing it, and what might fix it?
Like I said, it's a very small issue but since Google books sorts by covers, it would be a bit of a convenience.
I suspect that you have calibre covers, but not covers inside the actual ebook files. You can tell by viewing the book in calibre and noting if you see the cover or not. You can update or insert the calibre covers into existing books by using the Polish Book feature 'update the cover inside book files'.

FFDL has several options for covers. As you've seen, it can use covers from the site the story came from. There's also a personal.ini config parameter to set default cover images:
Code:
## If set, and there isn't already a cover image from the adapter or
## from make_firstimage_cover, this image will be made the cover.
## It can be either a 'file:' or 'http:' url.
## Note that if you enable make_firstimage_cover in [epub], but want
## to use default_cover_image for a specific site, use the site:format
## section, for example: [ficwad.com:epub]
## default_cover_image is a python string Template string with
## ${title}, ${author} etc, same as titlepage_entries. Unless
## allow_unsafe_filename is true, invalid filename chars will be
## removed from metadata fields
#default_cover_image:file:///C:/Users/username/Desktop/nook/images/icon.png
#default_cover_image:file:///C:/Users/username/Desktop/nook/images/${title}/icon.png
#default_cover_image:http://www.somesite.com/someimage.gif
Does that help?
Old 08-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #3203
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Another test version with changes from doe5716, this time adding support for the site www.themaplebookshelf.com improvements to metadata for literotica.

Thanks, doe5716!

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-21-2014 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 08-06-2014, 04:43 AM   #3204
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

When I add a story from AO3 with multiple fandoms, in Calibre it always adds them in alphabetical order, and then base the cover on the first series that I got cover for, which isn't optimal, if I have added a story for Buffy and get Angel cover, because it is a crossover
Old 08-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #3205
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
When I add a story from AO3 with multiple fandoms, in Calibre it always adds them in alphabetical order, and then base the cover on the first series that I got cover for, which isn't optimal, if I have added a story for Buffy and get Angel cover, because it is a crossover
There's a config parameter for that:

Code:
## keep_in_order_<entry> options: FFDL sorts list entries by default
## (except for author/authorUrl/authorId).
keep_in_order_fandoms:true
Assuming of course that it's literally 'fandoms' that you're using. I think that will help. I can't test it without knowing what your other settings are.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:10 AM   #3206
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Do I send you my personal.ini?
Old 08-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #3207
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Do I send you my personal.ini?
The easiest thing to do would be to try it for yourself first.

If it doesn't work, you can post a story URL or two and a copy of your cover settings and replace metadata settings if you do lots of manipulation of those.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #3208
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Hello there. I seem to be having some problems making the "Get Story URL to Download from Webpage" option to work.

Every time I click that option, this error pops up...

Code:
calibre, version 1.47.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'urltxt' referenced before assignment

calibre 1.47 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_plugin", line 396, in get_urls_from_page_menu
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'urltxt' referenced before assignment
I really have no idea what that means...
I hope someone can tell me what's going on...

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2014, 09:09 PM   #3209
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
Hello there. I seem to be having some problems making the "Get Story URL to Download from Webpage" option to work.

Every time I click that option, this error pops up...

I really have no idea what that means...
I hope someone can tell me what's going on...
Hmmm. Interesting. That error only shows up if you turn off 'Take URLs from Clipboard'--which I never do.

I'll fix it in the next version, but in the meantime, turn on the 'Take URLs from Clipboard' option. FFDL config, Basic tab, top check box on the right under GUI options.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:32 AM   #3210
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've made a cover for the stories which are both Buffy & Angel i Category/Fandom. How do I input that info in my personal.ini? I've tried the following:

Quote:
${category} => Angel + Buffy:? [tT]he Vampire Slayer => AngelBuffyCover
But it doesn't seem to work.
Closed Thread