Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Where can I find old portable versions?

Hi, was looking for some old portable version of Calibre, but at the sourceforge.net site, I can only find installation versions. Anyone knows where can I find old portable versions? Many thanks.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:06 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
Hi, was looking for some old portable version of Calibre, but at the sourceforge.net site, I can only find installation versions. Anyone knows where can I find old portable versions? Many thanks.
Portable versions are available on Sourceforge, back to version 0.8.4, side by side with the normal installed versions. Portable versions weren't packaged for distribution before 0.8.4. Prior to this version you needed to configure the batch file yourself to create a portable version.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Sylver
Addict

Thanks, dwanthny, could you share how exactly to "configure the batch file" to create a portable version then?
Old 11-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The batch file is in the resources sub-folder of the Calibre install location.

It is intended to basically be self-documenting. Your best way forward is to load it up in a text editor, and then ask questions if there are any sections you cannot understand from the embedded comments. You then edit the file with the paths and locations tht you want to use.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
Sylver
Addict

Thanks, itimpi, I didn't even try to modify the file and just ran version 0.7.45, got following error:
Python function terminated unexpectedly [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u" (Error Code: 1)
I have Windows XP SP3, first got the error when I ran from my C:\Drive, I thought that I needed to run it on a USB drive, so I copied all the install folder in a USB drive and ran, stil the same error. Any idea what is going on? Thanks.
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
NoT without some indication as to whether the paths that the batch file tries to set actually match your step. The error message would tend to indicate that is not the case.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, itimpi, I didn't even try to modify the file and just ran version 0.7.45
I have Windows XP SP3
I'm curious, why are you running this older version?
Old 12-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #8
Sylver
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I'm curious, why are you running this older version?
for several particular mobi files that have very long index (with large number of images) and interlinked notes, 0.7.45 was the last version that can convert without any issue, I want it handy but don't want to install an old version on the PC, so thought a portable version would be perfect.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
for several particular mobi files that have very long index (with large number of images) and interlinked notes, 0.7.45 was the last version that can convert without any issue, I want it handy but don't want to install an old version on the PC, so thought a portable version would be perfect.
Then you might consider doing things in reverse. Install 0.7.45 normally and run the latest version using the portable version.