Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
vne
vne began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to change the way Calibre save book's filename?

All,

I was stuck with my huge e-books collection until I found Calibre. Using Calibre together with the software called "ISBN renamer" is a great way for e-book management. Now I'm on the way to put my messy collection in order. Thanks Kovid for the great software.

Please help me with my question:

When I finish adding books and press "Ctrl-D" to download their metadata and covers, Calibre by default saves the book as follows: Folder (author_sort) -> Folder (title) -> Filename (title - authors), i.e the template is: {author_sort}/{title}/{title} - {authors}.

I would like to shorten the path by changing the above to:{Publisher}/{title}/{ISBN}. How can this task be done?

Thank you.
vne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Do you mean the path inside the library or the path for saving to disk or sending to device? The former can't be changed, the latter can be changed inside the preferences.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
vne
vne began at the beginning.

Device: none
Manichean,

Thanks for the answer, I mean the former. The reason of my question is that I'm afraid the file path may exceed 256 characters (or 250, I don't remember).
vne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vne View Post
Manichean,

Thanks for the answer, I mean the former. The reason of my question is that I'm afraid the file path may exceed 256 (or 250, I don't remember).
If I remember correctly, Calibre prevents that from happening. Either way, customizable library paths aren't happening anytime soon, if at all.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vne View Post
Thanks for the answer, I mean the former. The reason of my question is that I'm afraid the file path may exceed 256 characters (or 250, I don't remember).
It won't. Calibre manages those paths, and will shorten them if necessary.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert