Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
bibble
bibble began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sort is all reversed! - Oldest first

Hello,
I've upgraded to 2.5.2 recently and have been playing with collections (just added two).

My sort order for newest books seems to be reversed, i.e when in "collection" or "newest first" sort order the book i've just been reading is always 3 pages away right above "archive...."

Any idea how to get it to revert back to correctly sorting them newest first instead of oldest?

Thanks

Last edited by bibble; 06-23-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: tile changed
bibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
There seems to be some bug with saving or reading the 'accessed' time stamps (wherever Kindle keeps that info). I had one book which never moved to the top of 'most recent' order in a Collection that it was in, though some items were above and below it in accessed order (it did move up in the 'most recent' item list). Other books didn't have this problem.

I finally removed it from my Kindle and downloaded it again. That seems to have fixed it.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-23-2010 at 12:58 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
After an upgrade, if you don't have Whispernet on to re-sync your Kindle's internal clock with the Amazon, the time stamp on your books gets reset to an old default system value. Hence, sorting by "Most Recent" puts these books last in your list. Turning on Whispernet cures this. Once your Kindle re-syncs its clock, open & close your books - and they will move to first on your list.
If you are not in Whispernet range, search this forum for threads on how to reset your Kindle clock using the USB connection to your PC.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
After an upgrade, if you don't have Whispernet on to re-sync your Kindle's internal clock with the Amazon, the time stamp on your books gets reset to an old default system value. Hence, sorting by "Most Recent" puts these books last in your list. Turning on Whispernet cures this. Once your Kindle re-syncs its clock, open & close your books - and they will move to first on your list.
If you are not in Whispernet range, search this forum for threads on how to reset your Kindle clock using the USB connection to your PC.
Yeah, none of that worked in my case until I removed and reloaded the book.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
bibble
bibble began at the beginning.

Device: none
Spot on, whispernet on. opened & closed the books and its all happy again. Thanks
bibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibble View Post
Spot on, whispernet on. opened & closed the books and its all happy again. Thanks
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote