Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #31
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
only old people read

yougsters fuel the economy playing and consuming games
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #32
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
All we have to go on is the picture you posted. You could have simply said it looked better in actual use.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #33
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
While you 'see by yourself', allow me to remember you, that there are several millions of people who bought a Galaxy S3 / Note / Note 2 with a big amoled display capable of doing what I just showed. ..
No No, remember me, me! Damnit! I'm the one that matters! I'm the one with a Samsung Galaxy S3.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #34
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
I saw the screen on a S2 and recommend the modified amber instead
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #35
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Better isn't meaningless, it's everything. People saw a picture of a screen aren't weren't impressed. Either it looks better when you actually use the device or it doesn't. But this:

Isn't a rational reaction.

You could be right, that when I try it for myself that I will like it. But I have to use by own eyes and use my own brain to make that decision. It doesn't mean a thing to me if millions of people buy the device.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #36
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
I saw the screen on a S2 and recommend the modified amber instead
Mark this day... the amber vs. green terminal wars, long a smouldering ember, were sparked anew, leading to TERMINAL WAR 3!!

I have always taken up arms on the side of amber...

Last edited by twowheels; 01-28-2013 at 06:13 PM.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #37
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Not a new war from me my eyes like amber too. It's just that from an aesthetic pow I prefer the green with the black background.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #38
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Mark this day... the amber vs. green terminal wars, long a smouldering ember, were sparked anew, leading to TERMINAL WAR 3!!

I have always taken up arms on the side of amber...
The first crt I personally bought was amber, I loved it.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #39
kennyc

Quote:
No problem, my eyes like amber too. It's just that from an aesthetic pow I prefer the green with the black background.
and in the dark apparently.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #40
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Moderator Notice
Please feel free to disagree with a person's opinions, or dispute their facts or data, providing you do so politely. Likewise, please address your criticisms to those opinions, facts and data rather than the person. Refer to the MobileRead Guidelines, specifically the full text of the very first item. When posting, your attention to the Guidelines is required. Name calling ("troll") and insults are not allowed.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #41
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:
3) the big amoled display of my smartphone works very fine for reading, with its low light emission with black background (much better than any LCD, Retinas included). So it almost completely replaced my e-ink, for evening and bus/underground readings
What reading program do you use and how did you get the background to be a true black? My Samsung does really dark gray backgrounds that still shine (some) light at me and I don't like it.
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #42
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
Better isn't meaningless, it's everything. People saw a picture of a screen aren't weren't impressed. Either it looks better when you actually use the device or it doesn't. But this:

You could be right, that when I try it for myself that I will like it. But I have to use by own eyes and use my own brain to make that decision. It doesn't mean a thing to me if millions of people buy the device.
And as I said I have a Galaxy SIII and it's worthless for reading outdoors. Eink is the only thing that works well for that and that's why (to bring us back on topic) the Eink Ereaders Death is not in any near future scenario.

Last edited by kennyc; 01-28-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #43
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CoolReader is the app I usually read with. Are you talking about an amoled display? Not every Samsung has it.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #44
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:
CoolReader is the app I usually read with. Are you talking about an amoled display? Not every Samsung has it.
Yes. I have an amoled display. Most of the reading programs I have tried so far have a dark gray, rather than true black (as with an amoled display the difference is really obvious) as their night reading background. Downloading CoolReader now!
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #45
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Hope the display is fine. Some amoleds are affected by this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1559800 but even in case, you should have a proper black with the right background.

Or there's some component which doesn't allow the diodes to appear as they are: turned off when displaying black.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 01-28-2013 at 07:00 PM.