Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
SylviaMassara
SylviaMassara began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Two novels on ebook and working on my third

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so I wanted to introduce my two novels. Both novels are in ebook format at present and you can find out where you can get them, see book trailers, etc, by visiting my website.

I'm now working on another novel, which I hope to release by mid-2011. Thank you,

Sylvia Massara

The Other Boyfriend

Sarah Jamison is on a mission to find a boyfriend for her lover’s partner, Moira. And Sarah’s best friend, Monica, comes to the rescue with the perfect solution. Enter the enigmatic Mike Connor.

Sarah hates the man on sight, despite the fact that her body tells her otherwise. Mike Connor is a romance novel ‘hero-type’ who is smug and full of himself. But the only way to accomplish her mission is for Sarah to work with him so she can be together with the love of her life, Jeffrey. Jeffrey has promised her that the minute he can end his platonic relationship with Moira, he will be with Sarah for good. But he is having trouble letting go of the wretched woman and Sarah feels her time is running out. She is terrified of the pending big M (menopause), and seeing as she’s just turned forty it is not too far off into the future!

So here she is, building a network marketing business in Taiwan and struggling with it all: a stranger in a foreign country, away from her mother and friends back in London; a reluctant lover; a drop-dead gorgeous man who might have ulterior motives for helping her in the first place and finally, a business that seems to be dwindling. But Sarah is doing it all in the name of love and if this means scheming and working with the devil himself then she will do it! What she doesn’t take into account, however, is the fact that instead of getting closer to her goal, Sarah’s feelings take a turn and she finds herself increasingly thinking about the very man she despises the most – the “other boyfriend”.

The Soul Bearers

Partly inspired by real life events, this is a story of courage, the gift of friendship and unconditional love. The story involves three people whose lives cross for a short period of time and the profound effect which results from their interaction. Alex Dorian, freelance travel writer and victim of child abuse, arrives in Sydney in an attempt to exorcise the ghosts of her past. She shares a house with Steve and the disturbing Matthew, a homosexual couple. Alex finds herself inexplicably attracted to Matthew, and she must battle with her repressed sexuality and her fear of intimacy.

Matthew, extremely good looking and an inspiring actor/model, lives with Steve, who is dying of AIDS. Matthew has his own battle, that of dealing with the rejection of his socialite parents, and facing a future without his partner. Steve is the rock to which the troubled Matthew and Alex cling as they examine their lives and beliefs. Steve finally dies, but his legacy lives on in the strength which both Matthew and Alex find to face their own pain. Alex learns to love again, thanks to the gift of friendship from Matthew; and in turn, with Alex’s love and support, Matthew learns to forgive the past and move on to follow his dream.
SylviaMassara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:18 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hi, Sylvia and welcome to MobileRead.

I'm posting this so other authors can follow by example:

Separate your two books and make individual threads for each one. That way, when you have a new promotion - price change, bundle options, etc., etc. - you simply post to each respective thread, maximizing your coverage and staying within MobileRead's policy. You'll have TWO threads - one for each book. Our policy is "One Book = One Thread."

Do that, and I'll then delete this thread.

You might want to visit the "Introduce Yourself" Forum and let everyone know who you are. There will be plenty of other Members to greet you.

Again, welcome to MobileRead.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-24-2010 at 05:22 AM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:45 PM   #3
SylviaMassara
SylviaMassara began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you, Don. Will do it again. Happy New Year!
SylviaMassara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ebooks, fiction, romance, romantic comedy