Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-23-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Indian Newspaper does free online e-paper version

The Deccan Herald (click on "Direct Access Click here"), has gone online. That wouldn't be very interesting, except that they did it in a rather adventurous manner.

You really have to look for yourself to see (this link might get you directly in), but you get a full view of the actual newspaper. Move your cursor over an article and it has a brief text popup about the article. Click on the article and you see the article as if it was in print. There are more tools for each article available that I haven't explored yet. If you register, it seems that you can also get customized versions of the newspaper.

On the main login page (no login is required to view the paper), there is also a list of some other publications that are also available online, including magazines. Most of us won't be able to read much from those, however, because they aren't in English.

I don't believe that this is the right paradigm for putting a newspaper on a computer or mobile device or dedicated e-book reader. But it is interesting to see publishers exploring options. Sometimes you have to try some mediocre ideas before you can zoom in on the right approach.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
To add to this..
Times of India, one of the widest indian newspapers also have this:
http://epaper.timesofindia.com

I dont know about the DH, but the TOI has been around for a few years now.
I has been free all along, sadly it will become an exclusive.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Just a quick remark :
the thread is quite old, the original message was written on the 2006-09-23, 17:16.

No reproach in my post, I just wanted to make sure you had this fact in mind.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Just a quick remark :
the thread is quite old, the original message was written on the 2006-09-23, 17:16.

No reproach in my post, I just wanted to make sure you had this fact in mind.
I'm pretty sure the second post that jumped this thread back up is a spammer-in-progress. That post has all the hallmarks of someone jumping up their post count to either spam or try and scam someone in the flea market.

-Marcy

Addendum: That post is now gone, I suspect removed by the moderators. So the now second post is not someone I'm accusing of being a spammer!

Last edited by Marcy; 06-12-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Addendum: That post is now gone, I suspect removed by the moderators. So the now second post is not someone I'm accusing of being a spammer!
Thanks for acquitting me..
But I too did not see the original post's date..my apologies.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 11:21 PM   #6
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you spammers think we're stupid? In particular, "James Nelsen" the poster currently before my post added insult to injury by taking a previously hijacked for spam thread and adding more spam. I can't believe that anyone actually follows the spam links...

-Marcy
Old 07-03-2010, 02:20 AM   #7
Marcy
Guru

Is there any way this thread can be deleted? It seems to be a spammer magnet for some reason...

-Marcy
Old 07-03-2010, 03:23 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Is there any way this thread can be deleted? It seems to be a spammer magnet for some reason...

-Marcy
That is precisely the reason we're leaving it . It's a spamtrap.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote