Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
sambucca
sambucca began at the beginning.

Device: none
my Ppro and the future...

hello everybody and happy holidays,

this being my first post i'd like to first say that this forum is very helpful to guys like me..i usually can't contribute much but the wealth of info on these forums let's me find out a lot about my devices.

I am from europe and bought it via www.astak.com
with costums included i paid around 200 euros, so to me it's the same price as the bebook mini but with cover included.

I own a pocketpro since the beginning of december and so far came to this conclusions:

I like the size, weight, color and the fact that is has a cover included.
i like using calibre and download some newspapers when i have the time and there's internet in the hotel (suprised at how long it takes to get a 2mb newspaper onto my device though)

considering the layout of the pocketpro i'm not that happy..i usually hold it with my right hand at the right side to read and i wish there was a bottom to flip pages rightabout where my thumb is...so these middle buttons on the left could have rather be on the right for me.

All in all i'm very happy but wondering how i would have felt with a pocketbook 360...

i still haven't found the "perfect" font and the converting of txt to epub doesn't go that well..a lot of line breaks and single words on one line and then on to the next (if you know what i mean).
maybe this is all a matter of setup in which i have no experience whatsoever..i read about recipes and other jargon which leaves me clueless.

my girlfriend wants an ebook now of course and i'm tending to recommend the sony 600 to her.. she needs it to study at the university of vienna and the will need the dictionary a lot. with the 600 she can select the word and the dictionary entry is displayed at the bottom.

can you give me tips about what font to use, how i can better convert txt to a more readable format and maybe even a different option that would be better for my girl.

As i said before, we live in Austria so a device with wireless (except wifi) is not nessesary.

Thanks,
sambucca
sambucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome to MR.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambucca View Post

I own a pocketpro since the beginning of december and so far came to this conclusions:

i like using calibre and download some newspapers when i have the time and there's internet in the hotel (suprised at how long it takes to get a 2mb newspaper onto my device though)

considering the layout of the pocketpro i'm not that happy..i usually hold it with my right hand at the right side to read and i wish there was a bottom to flip pages rightabout where my thumb is...so these middle buttons on the left could have rather be on the right for me.

All in all i'm very happy but wondering how i would have felt with a pocketbook 360...

i still haven't found the "perfect" font and the converting of txt to epub doesn't go that well..a lot of line breaks and single words on one line and then on to the next (if you know what i mean).
maybe this is all a matter of setup in which i have no experience whatsoever..i read about recipes and other jargon which leaves me clueless.

my girlfriend wants an ebook now of course and i'm tending to recommend the sony 600 to her.. she needs it to study at the university of vienna and the will need the dictionary a lot. with the 600 she can select the word and the dictionary entry is displayed at the bottom.

can you give me tips about what font to use, how i can better convert txt to a more readable format and maybe even a different option that would be better for my girl.

As i said before, we live in Austria so a device with wireless (except wifi) is not nessesary.

Thanks,
sambucca
If you hold it with your right hand you should lay your forefinger on the edge of the case and operate the scroll wheel as your page turning device.

Fonts are personal but for you make sure that the fonts have any accented characters you need in them. You can't easily change the fonts used for ePUB however. Calibre is a great program to convert to ePUB or Sigil. Both have forums here at MobileRead.

Welcome to the forum.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Welcome to you, Sambucca

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambucca View Post
hello everybody and happy holidays,

this being my first post i'd like to first say that this forum is very helpful to guys like me..i usually can't contribute much but the wealth of info on these forums let's me find out a lot about my devices.

I am from europe and bought it via www.astak.com
with costums included i paid around 200 euros, so to me it's the same price as the bebook mini but with cover included.

Thanks,
sambucca
Dear Sambucca:

I work for Astak and want to welcome you!!

The Pocket PRO has three page turning systems on it. You have the buttons on the left side, the "9" and the "0" buttons on the right side, and the scroll wheel on the right side.

You can find out a lot more if you go to www.theEZreader.com under "support" and read the FAQ sheet! That is loaded with helpful tips!

I have been to Austria a few times and my wife and I love it there!!

Also, on www.theEZreader.com you can find Firmware Upgrades under "support". At least do the latest one as it adds a clock and other nice features. It also gives you 9 font size choices on most formats. On our FAQ sheet you can also find info on how to download additional fonts.

Our factory is hard at work at adding Dictionary Support for a future Firmware Upgrade.

The CES trade show is coming in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA in early January. At that show we will display new models and much more! You will hear a lot of news after that show.

Do not forget, the Pocket PRO comes in a nice pink. Your girl might love that!!

Mit Freunlichen Grossen!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote