Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
My family not having a good month

My mom is dealing with a bunch of health troubles at present. She was having pain in her side and went in to get it checked. After doing a CT scan they said it was diverticulitis and prescribed antibiotics and pain meds. Along the way when the did the scan they found she has a mass in one of her lungs. So now they need to do a biopsy and she will have to meet with an oncologist. She started smoking at age 16 and will be 74 next month so she has been a smoker for 58 yrs. She hasn't had a cigarette since the 9th of April (needless to say she hasn't always been easy to live with these last 10 days). Anyway she goes back in tomorrow. It's going to be a long rest of the month I think.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:06 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Hugs hun.
Now if you want a little good news, in about 2 more weeks your mother should be easier to live with.
Oh and buy her some small hard candies, they are a help on the quitting smoking.

As to the rest,
Have some more hugs.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2017, 01:01 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Hugs hun.
Now if you want a little good news, in about 2 more weeks your mother should be easier to live with.
Oh and buy her some small hard candies, they are a help on the quitting smoking.

As to the rest,
Have some more hugs.
Thanks Cinisajoy. Probably will have to be suckers I imagine. She doesn't have much as far as teeth. My own visit with my Dr. was also yesterday. My A1C was up a bit (7.3) so he adjusted my meds for that, and my blood pressure was actually lower than he wanted it to be at 98/72 so he cut back on my blood pressure meds. I hope you are right about the 2 weeks. I remember she tried to stop smoking when I was a young kid and she was so hard to live with my dad went out and bought her some cigarettes.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Thanks Cinisajoy. Probably will have to be suckers I imagine. She doesn't have much as far as teeth. My own visit with my Dr. was also yesterday. My A1C was up a bit (7.3) so he adjusted my meds for that, and my blood pressure was actually lower than he wanted it to be at 98/72 so he cut back on my blood pressure meds. I hope you are right about the 2 weeks. I remember she tried to stop smoking when I was a young kid and she was so hard to live with my dad went out and bought her some cigarettes.
I only have bottom teeth and I manage hard candies with no problems since you suck on them.

I will be honest out of everything I've done, quitting smoking was the hardest.

Good luck and I will be thinking of you.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:11 AM   #5
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Good luck to you and your family, crich70.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2017, 12:35 AM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Good luck to you and your family, crich70.
Thank you cromag.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Still waiting for the biopsy results. Probably hear around Wednesday. Needless to say my mom is nervous about what the future may hold.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:32 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Still waiting for the biopsy results. Probably hear around Wednesday. Needless to say my mom is nervous about what the future may hold.
Here are some hugs.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:50 PM   #9
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Continued best wishes!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:21 AM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you Cinisajoy, Cromag. I appreciate your replies.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:42 PM   #11
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Good thoughts to you and your mom.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:05 PM   #12
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Best wishes for Mom .. and you ..
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:53 AM   #13
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you FizzyWater, Poohbear_nc.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:20 AM   #14
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Mom got her biopsy results back. It's cancer. The dr. hopes that it is confined to the lung (Pet scan and MRI scheduled to confirm) and if so the Dr. thinks her chances are good at 80%. Please keep her in prayer that it is confined to the lung.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:14 AM   #15
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I know how hard it is. Good luck and stay calm. There is another world beyond this.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote