Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Question about sort order

GRiker,

Really enjoying the 0.8.64 Catalog update ... thanks again.

I just added a book to calibre with a title that begins with a number: "77 Shadow Street" by Dean Koontz.

The EPUB Catalog is sorting with the numeric title at the top of the list:

Dean Koontz
77 Shadow Street
Odd Thomas Series
[1] Odd Thomas
[2] Forever Odd
[3] Brother Odd
Breathless
By the Light of the Moon

I expected this sorting instead:

Dean Koontz
Odd Thomas Series
[1] Odd Thomas
[2] Forever Odd
[3] Brother Odd
77 Shadow Street
Breathless
By the Light of the Moon

I have just a handful of books that begin with a number, and this is the only one that begins with a number AND has an author with a series.

Is there any tweaking I can do to get the numerical title below the series list?

Thanks,
Marty
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm currently traveling, I will take a look at this when I get back to my development machine. If I remember correctly, series books are grouped separately from non-series books, so what you're asking for is the intended behavior. No tweaks necessary, it should do that automatically.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@MartyTX - in which section(s) are you seeing that sort anomaly?

G
Old 08-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
@MartyTX - in which section(s) are you seeing that sort anomaly?

G
Shows up only in "Books by Author". It is in the correct spot in "Books by Title" and the book is not part of a series, so it's not in "Books by Series".

As a test, I made the book part of the "Odd Thomas" series, and it shows up correctly by Author, Title and Series sort. The only problem occurs when it is a standalone non-series book ... it likes to go to the head of the line!

Marty

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Update: Renamed a few books to titles with a leading number. In all cases, the numeric titles precede the SERIES titles. Not correct, but consistent.

Last edited by MartyTX; 08-28-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: An Update
Old 08-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
GRiker

I've submitted a patch to Kovid addressing this problem. In looking at the code, the intended behavior was to sort non-series titles before series titles, not after, as I suggested in an earlier post. The fix should be in the next release.

G
Advert
Old 08-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
MartyTX
Dedicated

GRiker,
Thanks!

Kovid,
Thanks!
Revision ID: kovid@kovidgoyal.net-20120830134930-dm8jgwhpkjk4xn13
Catalogs: Fix regression that broke sorting of non series titles before series titles

Marty

Last edited by MartyTX; 08-30-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Thanking the team!