Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 11-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #1
RosanaE
RosanaE doesn't litterRosanaE doesn't litterRosanaE doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 3G
Poe, Edgar Allan: The Raven (illustrated). v1 18 November 2007

This is my first upload, so forgive me if there are mistakes. Let me know, and I will correct them. There are a lot of illustrations at the end.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Raven.lrf (2.70 MB, 1220 views)
RosanaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
RosanaE

Well, I saw after I uploaded this that it has been done before, so if there is anybody with the power to delete this to save space, please go ahead.
Advert
Old 11-19-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
there are lots of books with multiple editions around here
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Nothing at all wrong with multiple versions. Different people create books in different ways.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
RosanaE

Thanks for your comments, UncleDuke and HarryT. They made me feel better.
Advert
Old 11-20-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
RosanaE. Which pictures did you use to Illustrate yours? I did one using the Dore illustrations which I think are awesome...

Roy
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #7
RosanaE

I used the Dore also, from the Project Guttenberg html file, but they are washed out. I guess to make them look better I would have to increase contrast first, but I already spent hours and hours, and there are a loooot of pictures. It is a beautiful book, isn't it?
Old 11-22-2007, 12:45 AM   #8
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Yes. Beautiful. Dore was amazing... I did a search and found a better source for the Dore pics. Try.. Here.. http://dore.artpassions.net/ I'm tempted to do the Dore version of the divine comedy but... I'm lazy. I did do the Dore version of the rime of the Ancient Mariner. (Which turned out very well, check it out ((Shameless plug)) Here...)) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11639
Old 11-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #9
RosanaE

Roy, thank you so much for the link to Dore's work. The illustrations on that site are of great quality. I downloaded your Rime of the Ancient Mariner, it looks really good. If you are up to Dante, I could help (now that I decided to backup Last Book in BD, after losing my work 3 times...). Obviously it would have to be one book at a time anyway, and even then, the file might be too large?
Old 11-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #10
Roy White
Evangelist

Rose. Go for it. Here at mobileread we encourage everyone to give full reign to their creative instincts! NOTHING out of copyright is sacred. You should definitely have at Dante. I'm looking forward to your work.

Roy