Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
badhaircut
badhaircut began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Andybody have problems with downloading books on their DX

Hey there,

I have a Kindle DX and love it, but sometimes it takes awhile for books to download. I don't have the best 3g service where I live, Seattle area -- go figure, Amazon's headquarters, lol. Just wondering if anybody has the same problems or if there are any possible fixes for it.
badhaircut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
No problems here in Virginia Beach, VA
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
What is your signal strength when you connect?

Most books should arrive within a minute....unless there is unusually heavy traffic involved.

If the problem continues, try contacting Kindle CS....go to the bottom of the page, hit 'contact us', sign into your account, and use the call back feature.

They'll call back immediately.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200375440
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
ChaseKR
Connoisseur
ChaseKR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Touch, iPad 1 3G
I've always had 3G issues in my immediate area--I live in sort of a valley within a valley, so coverage is usually terrible.
ChaseKR is offline   Reply With Quote