Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
gixxermenace
gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: sony prs 505
PRS505 Protection In UK

I have got a PRS505 that goes everywere with me and i am sick of being scared of the thing getting damaged, does anyone have a good hard case for the PRS505 that can be ordered to the UK without paying huge delivery and tax costs ?
gixxermenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
I believe the Tri-Fold case is sold through Sony UK. See thread below.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=tri-fold
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
I've had mine over a year using the original case and more recently with the tuff-luv case.

It lives in the knee pocket of my cargo trousers, most of the time. Or in the ipod/mp3 packet of my Swissgear Maxxum laptop backpack. And does the tube journey for 3 hours a day in my hand. The most damage was done dropping it 3 inches onto a foam mattress and breaking the plastic clip on the stock cover.

While I am a vocal proponant of upgrading from the case provided, I honestly think that once you have a decent softcase that should be enough for the vast majority of the time (unless you work in construction) or somewhere where it's more likely to get hit.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
gixxermenace
gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: sony prs 505
reallly like the look of the tri fold
gixxermenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
I got the tri-fold, and it really felt more secure and protective than the original cover. Unfortunately, it's still susceptible to the dreaded broken clip, but the case itself was wonderful.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:46 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxermenace View Post
that can be ordered to the UK without paying huge delivery and tax costs ?
or you can get DVD tin box for less than 5 quid including delivery
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:04 AM   #7
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
I also use the dvd tin with the original cover. The tin is great for protection and you can personalize it by covering it with stickers.
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:21 AM   #8
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathos View Post
you can personalize it by covering it with stickers.

Never thought about it!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #9
karo02
Enthusiast
karo02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
The trifold cover is available for 12.99£ with free delivery at www.play.com : seems pretty cheap...
karo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karo02 View Post
The trifold cover is available for 12.99£ with free delivery at www.play.com : seems pretty cheap...
Cool! That's the cheapest I've seen so I've just ordered one.

Many thanks, karo02!
Old 06-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #11
bathos
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post

Never thought about it!
I feel like a big kid as I've been finding all kinds of cool stickers to put on it. I may need to buy more tins for all the stickers.....
Old 06-04-2009, 03:44 PM   #12
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
I feel like a big kid as I've been finding all kinds of cool stickers to put on it. I may need to buy more tins for all the stickers.....
Would you mind to take a pic and post it here?
Old 06-06-2009, 03:21 AM   #13
karo02
Enthusiast
karo02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Quote:
Cool! That's the cheapest I've seen so I've just ordered one.

Many thanks, karo02!
You're welcome !
I wanted to buy one too but they don't ship this kind of product in France (although I have bought many DVD's and CD's from them...)
karo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #14
bathos
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Would you mind to take a pic and post it here?
I'll see if I can get a camera. It could prove really embarrassing, as my 5yr old godson helped choose the stickers. Honest <g>.

Maybe I should do a more mature tin to be taken out in public...
Old 06-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #15
bathos
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by karo02 View Post
You're welcome !
I wanted to buy one too but they don't ship this kind of product in France (although I have bought many DVD's and CD's from them...)
Weird. It always amazes me the things that companies wont ship to other countries. I could just about understand them not shipping the reader but the case????